Gearbox - will a hdi box fit a TU engine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox - will a hdi box fit a TU engine?
Anyone know? is the linkage the same? - i'm sick of the ratios on the petrol box, doing a lot of motorway miles and sitting @ ~3250rpm @ 70 mph is annoying me.
and as i'll be changing the clutch anyway.....
Thanks given by:
simply no. BUT....a gearbox off a 1.4/1.5 Derv 106/Saxo will fit the 1.1/1.4 TUs. Noit sure on the 1.6 though. I put one on my 1.1 106 (back in the day) and got the revs to sit at 2750rpm @ 70mph IIRC
Thanks given by:
yeh a gearbox off the above will fit but still wont give you better ratios unless you go for the 1.5D box. Are you really willing to have crap gear ratios on the bottom end just to run lower RPM at the top? Also just for the record my 1.8 was much more efficient on motorways than my 1.4 so a smaller engine isnt always more efficient.
Thanks given by:
With a angle grinder, welder and great big f*cking hammer, yeah. Otherwise, no, but there's loads of different ratios for the TU boxes.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys - nice bit of reading up to do then, yeah i'll hapily put up with a crap bottom end, doing 100 mile a day roughly, of which 90 are motorway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tu5jp4 engine, be4 gearbox conversion n0v0s 10 7,778 03-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Removing engine, leaving gearbox in situ? dantastic 17 4,018 06-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cully