Project Babyliss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Babyliss
tache looks great the rest looks crap even that manstone..........

but on the plus side you can open your boot from inside the car now
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shit moonstone crap. Why's that there Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Had a little fun earlier today whistle

Thanks given by:
Big Child .. . . ..
Thanks given by:
Yep Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's missing something though .....

Boost!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Haha, it's on its' way Tongue got to get my current project finished first, then this has a home for winter...
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, your not getting the lock off fast enough to stop the nose running wide when drifting. Also I think you need to be a little braver on the throttle but really not a bad effort on lumpy grass
Thanks given by:
I was only playing around Chris lol

It's more that the ground is a lot more uneven than it looks, so I have to be careful as it's on the deck. I was giving it more before this, but I found it had flicked a lot of glass up so it kind of put me off from giving it too much.
Thanks given by:
Haha amazing! Forgot you had this lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I so want one of these !

Mine's up for sell atm to get one, it's such a cool car.

Is this the 1.8?
Thanks given by:
Nah it's a 1.6, there's little difference anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 08:04 PM)Curt Wrote: Nah it's a 1.6, there's little difference anyway Smile

Awesome, better fuel mileage that way too..

There's very little in the phase 1, but the late phaze 2 ones they reduced the power of the 1.6 so that the 1.8 was bought, or so I was told.. to something like 89hp !

but everyone knows the phaze 1 is the best Cool

Love it mate, keep it up !
Thanks given by:
Possibly, although I can't imagine this being much worse lmao

Yeah, late UK mk1s were pegged back to 90bhp.

However it's mk1 or NA for the win Tongue none of this phase stuff. I love my pop up headlights.

Cheers dude, will try. Looking forward to getting stuck in and getting it boosted.
Thanks given by:
Very jealous of the project matey, wish I still had mine.

Noticed a few pages back that you bought new Mintex pads and discs? The local MX5 race team could have sorted you out a deal but I'm guessing it's too late now.

Loved having a loud exhaust on mine, but it soon got boring. Mainly cos it made more noise than power! I put a standard system on with decat and the only other silencer was the backbox. Sounded like a 70s sportscar, had plenty of gruntiness to it and it would still pop and crackle on the overrun Big Grin
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I got 1144s as at the time, I needed them urgently. I was going to go for Rodder's pads, but he couldn't get them to me for around a week. As it turned out, I didn't have time because of work anyway and they're still sitting in the box lol.

Yeah, mine is over the top to be honest. In the car for over half an hour, or on the motorway is fairly torturous. Although as it is in the video, it's got a hanger ripped off and blowing rather badly. I have been thinking about changing again, but the 5Zigen is 2.5" which is ideal for the turbo, plus I think it'll quieten down quite a bit once turbo'd.
Thanks given by:
Well as this is off the road needing a lot of important work doing... I bought a new gear knob:

Thanks given by:
Needs work doing, buys a new gearknob. You're not procrastinating much are you lol
Thanks given by:
No, not at all whistle
Thanks given by:
lol

So what needs doing at the moment mate?
Thanks given by:
Lots lol

Well I never got around to sorting it's MOT failures, although nothing major, mainly the rather loud, rather blowing exhaust and brakes all round. I've got Mintex discs and 1144s ready to go on. Apart from that it's pretty good really, it's one of the most problem free cars I've had!

Once I've got somewhere to put it, then I can start stripping it and getting ready for boost. Engine will be coming out at some point, but I will probably wait until I've modified my manifold/downpipe to fit.

I also want to sort the paint out, but not decided in what direction to go with that. I have an idea though. Arches could do with some more rolling/flaring which will need to happen before obviously. Wheels are getting a repaint too.

Oh, and the lovely job of under sealing the whole car! Probably should get a welder first though and take car of anything that needs attention.
Thanks given by:
It may be problem free but that's a pretty impressive task list lol At least the MOT failure list isn't too long Smile

Have you thought about bolt-on arches, then smoothing them in and spraying over them? Then spacing the wheels?

What's up with the paint elsewhere though?

Good luck with the undersealing, I really don't envy you for that lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, true, but most of it is by choice, not necessity... Indeedy. Most of that was my doing too lol

Yeah I have considered it, it can look good, but I'm not convinced. I'd much prefer some overfenders:

[Image: zheP4.jpg]

Unfortunately I'm not rich. Although may try and be ambitious and make some.

It's just generally shit to be honest. I've been planning to go over it with the mop but you know they say about polishing a turd...

Yeah... thanks lol
Thanks given by:
really like that colour grey. that the boat paint?
Thanks given by:
That grey one looks insane
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what it is to be honest, I just found it on Google!
Thanks given by:
That type of ducktail is growing on me too, ive been keeping an eye out for one
Thanks given by:
So, errrr....

I've been meaning to upload this for a long time! And you've been very very patient Curt, a thousand apologies for my extreme tardiness!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONjRAYBL6fs

So much win this car Big Grin Makes me want one still just for the sheer simplicity of the rorty little engine up front, and the sweet handling!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed you sound like such a girl at the start.
Thanks given by:
Very surprising to see absolutely nobody on those roads, I never get that lucky round there!
Thanks given by: