Speedo under-reading.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo under-reading.
Hey guys. Ever since I have had my DTurbo the speedo has been out. I found this out by using my Sat Nav. When the Sat Nav reads 70 mph my speedo says im doing 62mph. Usually it is out the other way round and the speedo over reads.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is doing it? The difference increases when you go faster as well.
Thanks given by:
Speedos should underread rather than over read. What size tyres are you on? Does your needle rest on 0?
Thanks given by:
No speedos always over read so it seems like you are going faster than you actually are. Otherwise you would be getting flashed left right and centre by speed cameras! Tyre size is 205 40 16 and my needle rests at 0.
Thanks given by:
take the dash out and move the needle on the pin till it match's the satnav Wink
set it @70 mph
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 09:37 AM)cully Wrote: take the dash out and move the needle on the pin till it match's the satnav Wink
set it @70 mph
(15-11-2012, 09:37 AM)cully Wrote: take the dash out and move the needle on the pin till it match's the satnav Wink
set it @70 mph

Can't. They calibrate when you plug them back in!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mine dont. I just lifted the needles off and Bodged them back on. They sit bang on 70mph now.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
. . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 11:49 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Mine dont. I just lifted the needles off and Bodged them back on. They sit bang on 70mph now.

Both of my sets and the ones I did the plasma dials on did!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I dont really wanna do that lol. Do you think it is worth me changing my clocks? Or could it be the speedo drive sensor on the gearbox?
Thanks given by: