Temp Gauge Wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temp Gauge Wiring
Yo! Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the temp gauge thats in the centre console. I know some people run temp probes in their intercoolers etc so maybe it is possible to use the temp on the clock and keep it OEM.

Just another idea from Sam!
Thanks given by:
Checked Haynes?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 12:51 AM)samass Wrote: Checked Haynes?

thats a good point. its late and i should have thought of that. Yep so thats the diagram found. Anyone think its possible?

I presume it only allows for two digits and there may be some problem where the readings are off. Could be an interesting project though!
Thanks given by:
You'd need to get the resigance of the sensor in the mirror and make sure that you use the same resistance sensor in the ic. Or, put the sensor from the mirror in the ic....

Thanks given by:
sam what temp range will you be reading at the intercooler?

as the clock lcd only has 2 segments anything over 99 wont read right
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 08:42 AM)cully Wrote: sam what temp range will you be reading at the intercooler?

as the clock lcd only has 2 segments anything over 99 wont read right

yep thats one of the problems. Would be good though! I reckon maybe you could use the temperature sensor out of the mirrors if its easy to get at! Would be a damn sight easier than trying to find an aftermarket temperature sensor as im not convinced that youll ever find one with the same resistance as said above!
Thanks given by:
pretty sure you wont see charge temps over 99 deg, might be wrong tho!

temp sensor in the wing mirror is a piece of piss to get at, its passenger side, little nipple under neath. pop the cover off and theres probably a couple of screws, or it prises off, i forget. either way, easy.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil Temp Gauge Help TommiePuglet 2 1,719 03-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
Sad Help with temp gauge Nathan1305 2 1,652 21-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Fuel gauge/Temp sensor pugtk 0 934 05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: pugtk