TD04L-04HL-13T, SOLD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04L-04HL-13T, SOLD
Not going to be using this, might as well sell it if there's any interest.

I have a TD04L-04HL-13T, I know the HL isn't the one people choose as the turbine is a bit big for these engines, but it wasn't too bad, boosted 30psi ok, just didn't suit my driving style. I only did about 100/150 miles with it, but everything seemed good. barely any shaft play, it's normal for these to have some, the oil takes up the slack when running.

It's been de-wastegated (welded), clocked, comes with the adaptor plates CJ-derv was/is selling, and a T2 elbow.

The plates are still attached to the turbo at the minute, and all the white stuff on them is the sealant I used, I will be removing as much of this as I can (it's set rock hard!)

Only pictures I have, as said please excuse how messy it looks, it's just sealant!

[Image: IMAG0278.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0279.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0282.jpg]

Probably looking for £130 posted.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Td04 hl what?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So it's ready to bolt on bar the oil feed?
Thanks given by:
Have you modified/found a low pressure oil return to fit the cartridge? If so is that and the high pressure oil line included? Cheers :-)
Thanks given by:
Looks like a TD04L 13t to be honest buddy not to familiar with the serial but dont look like a HL
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I used a bit of old heavy duty hose for the low pressure feed, worked well enough. I'm keeping the oil line, should fit my new turbo with a different banjo bolt. So basically just an oil feed from (forgot his username!) person on here, and some pipe for the oil return, and you're sorted Smile

As for the HL part, when the code is typed in on Google it comes up with HL.

And sorry yeah it's a 13T
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
That is the one most people use then. You might get a bit more interest now..
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TD04L-04HL-13T. This is what I can find. Title edited Smile

I just don't want someone to buy it not knowing what it is..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Do you know what car it's off?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Newer impreza I think.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
It's the HL from the 300bhp blobeye WRX
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
May just sell the plates and elbow together and shove the turbo on eBay if there's no interest.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
It's going on Ebay tomorrow if there's no interest. I will sell the plates with elbow seperatly for £50 posted.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
When did your boost kick in when you were driving it?
Thanks given by:
I think it was full boost by 3.5k, but can't be sure unfortunatly as my rev counter only worked once when I had this on.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
What set up did you have ie fuel pump and exhaust?
Thanks given by:
9mm pump, straight through with mid box at the back, T2 elbow. I was over fuelling quite a bit, it smoked at 30psi.. I never had the chance to tune it as I wanted to run less than 30psi to save my clutch!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
It shouldn't be smoking on boost de-wastegated. Something must have been leaking somewhere..
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeah but T2 elbow won't help flow at big psi...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah no doubt it was

If you could get a proper subaru downpipe and make it work with the peugeot one it would probably make a massive difference.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
In fairness, I think having three injector washers in your old head would have made it smoke quite bad Ricky, probably wasn't fuel or boost related at all.

Can't believe nobody has snapped this turbo and plates up. Bargain tbh
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2012, 10:33 PM)Dan! Wrote: In fairness, I think having three injector washers in your old head would have made it smoke quite bad Ricky, probably wasn't fuel or boost related at all.

Can't believe nobody has snapped this turbo and plates up. Bargain tbh

Yeah after jake mentioned that it did cross my mind! It was smoking a lot!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i mayb interested in the plate an elbow but will this fit the k14 manifold? even tho i am looking to relocate my turbo but i need sum epic booooostttt!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah manifold is the same. It's prov sold at the minute, will know if its properly sold by tomorrow evening.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
nice one mate im waiting for payday anyway which is friday
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
The T2 elbow on these isnt as restrictive as people may think, as the adaptor plate is laser cut to accoodate both holes in original turbo so flows through the full elbow rather than a homemade where ive just seen people cut the circle part out.
Thanks given by:
The T2 elbow is still incredibly restrictive, there it meets down downpipe its like max of 2 inch maybe less.... I was running a 2.5 pipe on my car before i pulled the motor, and i had to drive with no pipe to make decent power, putting the pipe on lost like 20-30whp and smoked like fook, exhaust restriction is hugely important in keeping boost levels low / clean power....personally i wouldnt touch a big turbo on a stock downpipe, but thats just me Smile takes 30 seconds to weld on a 2.5" 90 degree menadral and flexi, and then you can just it down further / make doing exhaust 10 times easier at the same time Smile

That said, its a good price.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
but to be fair darren a TD04 isnt really a big turbo, compared to the turbo's youve used. but know what your saying, i may have to get something made to see what comparison is on the TD04
Thanks given by:
It's bigger than the turbo I've been using so far !
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breaking gti6 turbo SOLD SOLD SOLD fatlapit 19 6,649 30-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Blandy
  TD04L bolt-on turbo juz22 3 2,177 14-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Harky
  TD04L turbo Teddy 4 1,247 19-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy