5 door rear bench into 3 door?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 door rear bench into 3 door?
just a quick question...will the rear bench from a 5 door fit a 3 door?

I've just bought a 3 door leaf pattern half leather interior and will be going to collect it tomorrow. its in good nick apart from a couple of cig burns in the fabric of the rear bench apparently, and i was wondering if a 5 door rear bench is the same? There are always good condition 5 door interiors at my local scrappy, so sourcing one isnt a problem.

Thanks in advance!
Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
I believe they 'fit' but i think the catch on the back of the seats is in a different place so they won't lock into place
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thanks for the reply! I dont think that is going to be an issue for me particularly, as long as there are no MOT issues with it.

i guess one thing i can do is find a 5 door rear bench at the scrappy and test fit it into one of the other 3 doors while im there!
Thanks given by:
I guess you could just take the covers off a decent set of 5drs and fit them to the 3dr bench? But yeah if they've have 2 in the scrappy then why not!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i thought the 5 door and 3 door rear benches were exactly the same?
Thanks given by:
if they are, thats spot on! got the seats today and I think the rear bench will annoy me with the cig burns more than i thought!
Thanks given by:
I thought they were different, 3doors seem narrower on the inside than the 5 doors
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure they're different, agree with Chris here, the 5 doors bench are almost definitely wider.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 10:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm pretty sure they're different, agree with Chris here, the 5 doors bench are almost definitely wider.

well it would make sense but today would be the first time ive head it! D:
Thanks given by:
Can someone not just mesure there rear bench's to check the width mk5 fiestas the 3 door rear bench would physically fit in the 5 door car but would not lock into the back MOT fail
Thanks given by:
I'll measure the 5 door ones later unless anyone else does it first. Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 10:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm pretty sure they're different, agree with Chris here, the 5 doors bench are almost definitely wider.

wrongggggg . . . .the 3 door benches are longer . . .they still fit though, it's just the catches on the back that need modifying . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Oh really? Always seems like a bigger gap between the seat and plastic of a 3dr than the seat and door card in the 5dr! Fair enough though, I'll take your word for it.

Not sure if its still required but 5 door leaf leathers measure:
124cm across the backrest
130cm at the widest part of the...erm...bumrest lol.
Thanks given by:
hopefully next time im at the scrappy i can answer this once and for all Smile
Thanks given by:
Could any one tell me if the 5 door front seats fit into a 3 door? Going to strip the rear of my dturbo out so I might as well put my 2 front leather seats in Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think the runners are different mate but im sure someone else will be along with more info Smile
Thanks given by:
Runners are different. 4 door bolt straight to the floor, 2 door bolt to floor and side
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
as danny said. take the covers and the pads off and fit them to your current 3dr metal. frame very easy job.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sealing interior door panel Mighty306 4 1,878 25-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 883 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  5 door phase 3 interior parts for sale Teeharv 1 2,109 15-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Teeharv