HDI Rod.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: HDI Rod.
Hello,

Looking for the usual hdi rods. But only one please.

Ideally need to be not too far from me(Hinckley), so I can pick it up!!
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
What're they like to remove?
I've cooked my engine, not actually sure what the fault is though, possibly bent rod haha
Thanks given by:
How did you 'cook' your engine? What happened to it...

Fairly easy to remove. Though, depending on what is still actually on the engine, might not be worth your while, unless you're getting other bits...

Crudely speaking...it's just head off, sump off, oil pump off, two nuts on the bottom cap, push piston assembly out the top of the block...
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
Water, minimal water now it runs on around 2 and burns a hell of a lot of oil bud
Thanks given by:
Hmm.

They'd be fine if the rods are straight... Smile

Meh. Leave it pal, unless you're literally diving into the bottom end for something else. Not worth your while. Smile

Cheers anyway.
Thanks given by:
Im sure ive recently seen Dave recommend changing the lot rather than just one, i think its in bens thread as he had a piston lower than the rest and found 1 rod to be bent
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not looking to replace rods at the moment. I need it for measurements etc.
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough mate
Cheers
Thanks given by: