Not a 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a 306
Well for the last 8-9 years i've modified no other car, owning 43 in total (at last count but no doubt ive missed some) i'd changed my number to a 306 number was almost to the point of changing my birthday to 3rd June so thought it was time to try something different with a budget of up to £7k i decided to look for a new car, various cars caught my attention, but if im honest it was having a spin out with Jon (CUJ) in his DC5 at Llandow that made my mind up that i'd get a DC5, during last year i found myself just being tight and not actually buying 1 Smile my new years resolution was to actually get 1 this year, i went yesterday and collected this Smile

[Image: IMAG0061.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0062.jpg]

Give it a quick once over this morning but cant wait to actually get the machine out and get the paint work up to standard

[Image: IMAG0063.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0064.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0065.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0066.jpg]

Wheels aren't great so i plan to paint them, i think im going to do them white (as i always do) bumpers have marks so will probably re paint them and there a few general bits that i want to tidy up but overall im happy with it Smile Smile Smile
Thanks given by:
Firstly, HOW MANY?!?!?! lol!

Secondly, I call dibs on the rallye lol

Thirdly, I'd sortof had half an eye on one of these for a long time. Don't have the funds at the moment, and I'm not done with 306's by a long shot, but I've always liked these!

What are they like to drive?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
love DC5's! Is CUJ the one with the white Type-R DC5? It's so win!
Thanks given by:
wtaf, Gunge bought something that isn't a 306?! O.o

Looks nice fella, got any plans to mod it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Love the Teg's

Nice work
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty nice! Got any major plans?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've got a soft spot for tegs, and I'd love a DC5 but I'm just not sure I could justify spending £7k+ on one when you can more for your money in that price range. Not knocking it at all, it looks awesome and I'm sure it's a great car to drive, and I know I'd have one if offered the chance! Smile
Thanks given by:
I didnt pay 7k for this 1 it was on ebay for auction with no reserve and ended on Tuesday so doubt it had much real interest i paid well under what its worth, when i said a 7k budget that would have been for a 2003-2005 white 1 with black interior, only plans i have is to tidy it up refurb wheels, clear repeaters, polish up fading on headlamps, polish gear knob scratches out, for paint work detail re paint brembo's etc etc etc
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough! If you didn't pay near full whack then for it then it sounds like you might have gotten yourself a bargain Wink Lets just hope it's not got a bad story as I saw a few DC5s a while back (not that I was looking whistle ) for around the £5,500 mark but they were all Cat Ds.
Thanks given by:
yeah there was a white cat d in Ireland that i'd got the guy down to 4850 but wouldnt bring to the post for me to i turned it down, this 1 is hpi clear 1 owner since coming in to the UK in 2003 full Honda history with low mileage
Thanks given by:
Well i know i said i wouldn't modify this but i have Smile only bought some things so far want to get a day or 2 to give it a good machine polish before fitting Smile

I have some clear side repeaters with silvertec bulbs and a Carbon bonnet

[Image: IMAG0179.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0178.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know they're very capable cars but not for me looks wise!

Would love an import DC2 though!

Will be nice to watch this thread and see what happens with it!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Tidy purchase Simon. I've alway's fancied the older integra's, the DC2(?) ignore my poor knowledge; the one with the round hole headlight look! You mentioned giving her a mop, would you consider doing this to other's cars in exchange for cash? My HDI estate needs a good seeing to, plus I want to see the rallye!

Let me know either on here or on the 6 forum.

Cheers, Tom.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0033.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0035-1.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0034.jpg]

And fitted the clear side repeaters with silver bulbs

[Image: IMAG0029.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0030.jpg]

Just need to paint wheels & calipers get some new wheel 'H' badges and 'Brembo' caliper stickers & some lowering springs Smile and i might fit some carbon grill and boot badges, then when funds allow i'll be smoothing front bumper (to move number plate) and painting both bumpers front has scratches and rear has crazed paint, i'll be fitting new number plates then as the 1s on it look shit
[Image: IMAG0271-1.jpg]

wheels off the car with tyres, valves & weights removed

[Image: IMAG0272-1.jpg]

spent a few hours rubbing down and then get them 4 coats of high build primmer

[Image: IMAG0274-1.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0275-1.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0276.jpg]

While its not being used i also decided to have the dash clocks corrected, it had covered 142892 all in KM (previous owner didn't change it) a trader then bought the car and adjusted to read in miles (with above reading on resit) but didnt re adjust reading to read all in miles (hope i've explained that right lol)

current mileage
[Image: IMAG0273-1.jpg]

so current mileage 144438 - 142892 = 1546 miles covered since being converted

142892 divide by 100 times 62 = 88593 total miles before being converted

88593 + 1546 = 90139 which is how many miles my car has actually covered

So handed over my clocks and asked the guy to put 90139 on them hopefully he can do it and the next pic will be of my clocks re fitted reading 90139 Smile

started by guide coating them with 600 grit wet and dry then wiped them off with de greaser

[Image: IMAG0278.jpg]

Got mixing the pure white paint

[Image: IMAG0279.jpg]

looks quite bright against the blue paint work
[Image: IMAG0280.jpg]

2 coats on the back face then flipped them over to do the front face 5 coats of gloss white 2k

[Image: IMAG0281.jpg]

I only took 1 outside in day light as they were slick a bit tacky

[Image: IMAG0284.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0285.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0286.jpg]

Whilst between coats of paint i started to fit my coilovers

[Image: IMAG0283.jpg]

Wheels outside this evening cant wait to get them on the car

[Image: IMAG0287.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lush paint on them wheels
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tyres refitted and back on the car

[Image: IMAG0294.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0295.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0297.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0298.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0296.jpg]

Only fitted the front coilovers, i damaged the boot on 1 TRE so ordered a pair, will fit them next week sometime
Thanks given by:
Nice lows!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
love this car. its the best itr ever made
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
WHAT....it's not a golf lol

I do love these but not really the styling so much, sorry Sad
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Looking good. You going to "de-tango" the front lights seen as youve put clear side repeaters on?
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Just leaving it at the side repeaters as to de tango the headlamps you need to split them
Thanks given by:
I hate most cars with VTEC with a passion but i absolutely love these! Looks really smart bud Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome, all it needs now is a super charger bolting on ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
[Image: ejasezu5.jpg]

How she sits at the moment Smile
Thanks given by:
Holy thread revival! Looks good Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Whoa such a time lapse. Car looks nice mate Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 8b1f28bd78fc5a6ac9105a4fe16622f5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Preferred the white wheels tbh... Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had this for two years now? Howz it fairing over the time? Good as you hoped? Disappointed? It sure looks ace!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
whats it like compared to the rally?
Thanks given by: