Royal fail rage!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal fail rage!
Bought a set of Heko wind deflectors off aaron_one last week, and they finally arrived today, but thats not the issue. They arrived nicely wrapped up, and im gonna assume they were in one piece when they were wrapped, as i have no reason to doubt aaron_one, so promptly threw a strop when i found them looking like this:

[Image: 60B84824-orig.jpg]

Hate Royal Mail right now... Angry

Ive fitted them anyway for the moment, and im gonna glue the strips back together in situ as a temporary fix until i can get some new ones.

/ragethread
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If its any consolation I think wind deflectors look silly anyway and belong on old people cars.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 05:23 PM)Dan! Wrote: If its any consolation I think wind deflectors look silly anyway and belong on old people cars.

I respect your opinion, even if it is wrong! lol

Ive seen them on a few cars, and think they look alright, but im after the functionality more than anything tbh. Just majorly pissed that theyve been broken. Angry
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Claim off royal fail you will get your money back :p

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 05:23 PM)Dan! Wrote: If its any consolation I think wind deflectors look silly anyway and belong on old people cars.

Glad Im not the only one that thinks this! lol

But on topic, with something like that (easily breakable!) I'm sure it's up to the sender to make sure its packaged enough. My Dad works at royal fail, he used to drive the lorries but now sorts the parcels...........I always use couriers after some of the stuff he's told me!! Confused
Thanks given by:
I sent a pair of ph1 twin optic headlights and a spare lens to jenkosowls last week via Royal Mail and they arrived the next day and were only sent standard parcels wtf???? - arrived in the same condition they were sent in, no broken glass or mounts, but hey I used a good strong rigid cardboard box, lots of bubble wrap and some of those pouches filled with air and extra cardboard on vulnerable points.
I've sent loads of lights and glass via Royal Mail and other couriers and never had a claim for breakages against me - guess I just overdo it on the packaging a bit but I'd rather it get their in 1 piece than 100 :o
Thanks given by:
A lot turned up like thar when they became popular
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 06:46 PM)ash240970 Wrote: I sent a pair of ph1 twin optic headlights and a spare lens to jenkosowls last week via Royal Mail and they arrived the next day and were only sent standard parcels wtf???? - arrived in the same condition they were sent in, no broken glass or mounts, but hey I used a good strong rigid cardboard box, lots of bubble wrap and some of those pouches filled with air and extra cardboard on vulnerable points.
I've sent loads of lights and glass via Royal Mail and other couriers and never had a claim for breakages against me - guess I just overdo it on the packaging a bit but I'd rather it get their in 1 piece than 100 :o

Your lucky, i recieve loads of damaged parcels.
But i once had a word with friends in the village about it and it turns out we all have the same problem, so i came to the asumption that it may not always be the sender but how the sorting office/delivery boy treats it as ive seen some really bad damage to things that you could take a hammer to and hardly scratch it
Thanks given by:
Whether its sent signed, standard or second class it will go through the system at the same rate and same time its when it gets to the end is determined when it has to be delivered by.
The its amazing though the amount that just gets left in a pile and doesn't get delivered or waits till its cleared. Last crimbo at out depot we had a small mountain about the height of small person of packages that weren't delivered for some reason or another (,quite happy telling you lot this as I don't work there anymore)
The trouble only arises when someone properly complains as the managers then have to get up off their f*cking arses and actually do something for a change to find it
When things like this get damaged you can get a form to claim compensation but only if you have a receipt, proof of sending (which could or could not be a receipt) and full in a form (P733 iirc)
Then they could decide if compensation is due. (Sometimes they offer this in the form of stamps as its silly cheap for them to do that but you can say no and ask for a refund on postage and compensation)
Its pissing annoying when things don't turn up but keep pestering them
Same with damaged things
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I ordered a D seal from ebay, got one of those bags from RM saying "Sorry your item arrived this way" opened the bag to find an envelope torn in half with nothing in it bar a headed piece of paper from Peugeot/Ctiroen. Cant claim cause I have no proof if what was supposed to be in they just put a stamp on it rather than sending it through the post office!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Road Rage.. No one likes VW's Anyway Wor Jimmy 38 8,981 01-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Wor Jimmy
  Royal Mail cully 18 3,592 29-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: cully
  Road Rage John1.4 22 5,136 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Last Post: me-tm