Bloody 306s!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody 306s!!
They're just too damn addictive!! lol

Had this delivered to me last night. Hdi Meridian Estate, 6 months T&T, 119k miles. £875.

[Image: GolfShellChinaEstate162.jpg]

Obviously being an old Peugeot it has a few niggly faults - drivers speaker doesn't work (not sure if speaker or wiring atm) and it's had a slight bump on the rear corner, no dent but a bit of paint missing, handbrake needs tightening, rear wiper missing the little cap, aux belt looking tired and it needs a bloody good clean inside and out!! But it seems to run and drive fine (albeit slowly as standard lol) so ideal to keep my insurance the same up till it runs out in Feb. Smile No idea what'll happen after Feb.....possibly keep it, possibly sell it as my insurance should drop as I'll be 21 with 4yrs NCB. So yeah, thats the new purchase anyway. Smile

Tom
Thanks given by:
Looks good dude. You and china eh? Lol. Good find for the money. I wouldnt mind an estate tbh

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Lol, yeah it had to be china really...Ive had 3 diablos and 2 chinas so had to balance that out. Big Grin

Didnt take much finding...I've driven past it every day for the last couple of years lol, just lucky it was up for sale now really........although it was originally up for £1150!!! Confused
Thanks given by:
1150 prob is around the right rang. These estates seem to hold the value better than the hatches

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Got to be honest; i tend to think if you spend as much money and time on ONE car you'd have something epic coming along, so many cars changing in my opinion starts to get boring, Tom, it seems you have a lot of time and space and resources to abundance, you should start something permanent?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Really? Oh, well looks like I haven't paid too much this time then. Makes a change. Smile

(07-11-2012, 01:16 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Got to be honest; i tend to think if you spend as much money and time on ONE car you'd have something epic coming along, so many cars changing in my opinion starts to get boring, Tom, it seems you have a lot of time and space and resources to abundance, you should start something permanent?

Not really, I could've spent another £2k on the Golf........it would have still ended up the same way!! The problem is the more you spend on cars, the more is actually wasted as you don't gain at the end. I get easily bored with cars, and I'm not the only one, I'm sure Liam, Chris and Jordan are the same, I've had no-where near as many cars as them lol. One of my mates still has first car, after 3 years (1.8xs in Nile btw).........I couldn't do that lol!!

So far I've got £1200 back on the Golf - spent £875 on the 306 so I've not actually lost out like that.

But all that said, for the first time since I started driving, I have no want to change car anymore, used to be thinking about the next one a week after I'd bought another, but I jst CBA with the agro of buying and selling cars anymore, and as I've had a 'fast' car thats kind of out of the system now. As I was saying in the chatbox last night, I'd rather save up to move out now than spend on cars and petrol. Smile
Thanks given by:
like it! another china Wink
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
looking good mate Smile
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys........Gonna have to get the ABM Angels out again I think.........still miss the 1.4 lol.

[Image: Photo-0133-1.jpg]

[Image: Photo-0086-6.jpg]

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Just mask the crystals!
Looking good tho mate, think its a state for me next tbh!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I don't like masks. Tongue I kinda like the headlight protectors it has though.....hmm....
Thanks given by:
Great buy tom, get some more pics up mate or a project thread lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've got protectors on mine too, just be careful with the black clips on the bottom, they snap pretty easily!
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 02:26 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: Great buy tom, get some more pics up mate or a project thread lol

I'm not insured on it yet lol. I'm keeping the Diablo for another week and a half - want to use up my diesel and I'll have exactly 3months insurance left then so the changeover will be a little cheaper. So I'll do a few things before putting it on the road....but no nice background pics lol as i cant take it anywhere haha. Will stick up a project thread this evening probably, meant to be doing various things atm and keep getting distracted by OC as usual haha!! lol

(07-11-2012, 02:28 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Yeah I've got protectors on mine too, just be careful with the black clips on the bottom, they snap pretty easily!

Oh no...me and fragile plastic clips don't usually go well together! lmao
Thanks given by:
Yeah tell me about it, I've snapped 3 out of the 4 already I have spares tho so I suggest you find some too! Lol
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 12:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote: They're just too damn addictive!! lol

Had this delivered to me last night. Hdi Meridian Estate, 6 months T&T, 119k miles. £875.

[Image: GolfShellChinaEstate162.jpg]

Obviously being an old Peugeot it has a few niggly faults - drivers speaker doesn't work (not sure if speaker or wiring atm) and it's had a slight bump on the rear corner, no dent but a bit of paint missing, handbrake needs tightening, rear wiper missing the little cap, aux belt looking tired and it needs a bloody good clean inside and out!! But it seems to run and drive fine (albeit slowly as standard lol) so ideal to keep my insurance the same up till it runs out in Feb. Smile No idea what'll happen after Feb.....possibly keep it, possibly sell it as my insurance should drop as I'll be 21 with 4yrs NCB. So yeah, thats the new purchase anyway. Smile

Tom
My driver speaker the same
Thanks given by:
Haha, probably a good idea!

On another note....the drivers seat wont sit still! Hieght adjuster won't lock in so it moves up when you brake and down when you clutch in lol. The 1.4 was like it but I managed to wedge that in one place. Sams estate also did it the first few times I drove it but sort of fixed itself lol, hasn't done it for ages now. Just wondered if this is common or if theres a fix for it? Or should I just hope this one fixes itself too lol? lol

(07-11-2012, 02:58 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: My driver speaker the same

Hmm, odd! Tbh I thought it might be the door loom but the windows and CL are fine and i've had a quick look the wires look ok. Wouldn't be surprised if the speaker had got wet and corroded the connector though tbh, will look at that next week sometime when I swap my audio over though.
Thanks given by:
Cant say i ever heard of this problem tbh not happend with any of my 3 but could just be that i been lucky?
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 03:01 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: Cant say i ever heard of this problem tbh not happend with any of my 3 but could just be that i been lucky?

Lol probably just lucky then....my first was pov spec so no height adjuster but out of the other 5, 3 have had the same thing lol!! Confused
Thanks given by:
Please don't put those chav-tastic lights on the car. They looked shit when you had them on your 1.4, they won't look any different on your new estate.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
i dont mind them on the hatches, but i dont think i'd been keen if they went on the estate.
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2012, 03:58 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Please don't put those chav-tastic lights on the car. They looked shit when you had them on your 1.4, they won't look any different on your new estate.

They arent chavtastic...no chrome on them at all! I like them, dont really give a shit whether anyone else does tbh! lol
Thanks given by:
the looms split in two different places

1) right by the glue on the outlet back of plug

2) by the square grommet from inside

the first is a bugger to tell but i guarantee a couple of wires or on their way out on loom. best thing to do is go breakers and look for a 306 with the repair plug that as all pins and wires connected, don't go pug cause the repair plug is bout £100 i kid you not.

But a nice buy nevertheless
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306s in Winter Photos Eeyore 19 5,172 05-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  306s getting rarer bashbarnard 11 2,687 03-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Best and worst 306s ever Orta 27 5,220 17-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.