TD04L Day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04L Day.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
bonzer! . . . .how does it go then and what was on before? . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
...well goes pretty epic in my opinion..I will get some speedo videos: 0-60, 30-70 etc etc. soon.

Well originally...when I bought it...Lucas + K03 (big difference now huh?! Tongue )

Then it went 11mm Bosch, with T2...and now the td04l Tongue
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
LOVE IT!!

dave is a legend.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Indeed he is..top bloke (Y)

It's like perfect fitment literally. As he said to me before..its like OEM+ Tongue Proper sleeper I reckon...standard looks, no lowering nothing..but does go! ;D
Thanks given by:
Looks well, I have mine sitting ready to fit next week. Did you just weld the t2 downpipe adapter to a new plate? I made a completely custom thing but I can't see it flowing too well!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
yea...IIRC...k14 elbow welded onto a new plate...then bolted up to the turbo...

You can kinda make it out on the last pic:
[Image: P1050020.jpg]
Thanks given by:
did this come off a scooby or a saab then? or does it not matter anyway? . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I think the T25 is off the Saab and this one is from an Impreza. How much psi are you running this beast at?
Thanks given by:
Scooby Doo!

Well...when the t2 was on..it was burning cleanly at 24psi...td04l on, no alteration to pump..burning cleanly at around 30psi+ this morning (pinned the gauge) (Could of been the inlet mani not being tight enough before creating leak etc before i suppose)...felt proper quick...

However...lowered the fuelling at the moment (limiting boost to around 25psi max)..to make sure I don't blow my dhy up. Thing is its better than my t2 as it flows so much better. Though, will no doubt increasing the stress on my engine still!

But we'll see what happens. My current plan is: Leave it as it is...if/when (more when Tongue ) the dhy blows..then go for a BIG learning curve and replace the engine with a non-dhy and up the psi some more. But at the moment, im more than happy with the performance..its a bit more laggyy than the t2...but if anything..makes it more fun at the moment (im sure that will wear off after a while).. Tongue

Just see how long the 189k dhy lasts Tongue ...
Thanks given by:
Looks good matt

Dave fancy sorting my t25 Smile just need it welding to the mani and an oil line making don't mind fitting myself Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
nice bet that goes like stink cant wait till i get a TD04L now Big Grin
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The view down the back of the engine looks familiar, good lad, obviously you have an air filter like me lol nice job Dave!

They go so much better than a T2 don't they!
And yes the spool noise is awesome, I can vouch for that Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
This little motor moves well now, proper tears once on bwoost ! just needs abit of fuelling sorted... running out of puff at about 4.5k so powerbands very narrow at the moment. More washers required!
Dan pm me.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TD04L a easy turbo too fit as i want too do mine ?
thanks stewart
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
Thanks given by:
good work

cant wait to fit mine now lol are you running a filter or just open at the min?
Thanks given by:
Nothing on the intake..
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:This little motor moves well now, proper tears once on bwoost ! just needs abit of fuelling sorted... running out of puff at about 4.5k so powerbands very narrow at the moment. More washers required!
Dan pm me.

How much have you shimmed it by already? I'm planning a gov mod and don't want to have to take the pump apart more than necessary, if you know what I mean! Wink
Thanks given by:
I really can't remember, built the pump about a year ago... Obviously didn't shim it enough though...
Thanks given by:
Hmmm that's unfortunate but thanks for trying Undecided Maybe I'll do mine solid just to be on the safe side.
Thanks given by:
Dont do it solid, leave a little bit of movement in, else the pressure from your foot will go right through to the intricate leversets. Leave a small amount of stretch in the max fuel spring, then adjust the convensional bolts on the outside of the pump so maximum travel just manages to compress the max fuel spring a tiny bit more. This is what matts pump needs to have done, or just bang in a transit cradle to solve all problems ;D
Thanks given by:
i have shimmed my gov 5mm and its perfect all i need to sort is my idle Sad its up nd down all over place lol
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Dont do it solid, leave a little bit of movement in, else the pressure from your foot will go right through to the intricate leversets. Leave a small amount of stretch in the max fuel spring, then adjust the convensional bolts on the outside of the pump so maximum travel just manages to compress the max fuel spring a tiny bit more. This is what matts pump needs to have done, or just bang in a transit cradle to solve all problems ;D

Do you mean transit gov cradle or levers. Ive been looking at the transit leavers and they are different from the pug ones and may mean that the control coller has more movement for injection length, gona experiment soon with this I think.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Transit govnor cradle, the radius to main throttle shaft is just longer, so throttle response it quicker, and travel is further.
Thanks given by:
sounds great... what exhaust? Lovely work that Dave!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0015.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  205 2.1 td 8s td04l-15t niciou 9 2,980 12-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  TD04L Inlet Size silverzx 9 2,392 16-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  turbo upgrade td04l ingham66 uk 6 2,516 24-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3