Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Replacing the wings?
#1
My wings need replacing and I have two on-colour from a same-year model which can go straight on.

Will they need to be soldered back on?
#2
They just un-bolt, although I believe some have rivets... But just drill them out
#3
Soldered? lol

Few rivets may need drilling out, just replace them with bolts. They're not welded on though just a bit of body sealant in places.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#4
Too slow Pellowe Tongue
#5
Thank you! Replace the rivets with bolts? Brilliant! Smile

Umm... can you recommend bolts please?
#6
(01-11-2012, 10:49 PM)Curt Wrote: Too slow Pellowe Tongue

You failed to spot the soldering part though so I win.

Erm, bolts, whatever fits the holes. M6 or M8, can't remember, just shove in whatever fits

giggidy

/inb4samass'giggidy
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#7
(01-11-2012, 11:45 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: whatever fits the holes

Giggidy.


No I didn't, I just assumed he meant welding as I'm not a pedantic bastard.

Accept you no winnar
#8
you dont need to replace the rivets... there is enough ef'in bolts holding them on anyway! Smile
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
#9
you mean welding not soldering :p

yeh there are lots of bolts but i put the rivets in too and painted over them. Problem is that once you drill them out and dont put new ones in then it will start to rust the exposed metal in a matter of days D:


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are wings interchangeable? Moh 4 3,016 31-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Daniel306
  205 Wings. Standard --> Gti Daniel306 0 1,822 06-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Daniel306
  Fibreglass bonnet, boot, wings etc Piggy 12 7,146 26-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Piggy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)