GT2056 fitting q's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2056 fitting q's
Right i need some definite answers if i'm going to get this bad boy fitted.

Firstly, the oil feed. I've dropped Jenks a PM asking for a line to be made up, fitting the T2 standard line and an M10x1.0 banjo at the turbo end, so that's all good.

For the oil return, anyone know where I can get a flange and gasket that I can jubilee the hose onto? Can only find parts in Japan online, which are no good to me.

Also, for the exhaust elbow, after speaking to Ruanthegay i'm looking for a sensible solution to the restrictive T2 elbow. Apparently that drops to 1.75" in places which is no good, so how would I go about using a 90 degree mandrel bent tight radius pipe and a flexi? Cut the flange off the down pipe and sleeve fit it?

Finally.. what's a reasonable price for me to expect to pay for adapter plates for the mani and exhaust elbow? Never done this before so want to find out what other people would expect to pay.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The oil return should be similar to that of a T2, if the holes are slightly apart just elongate them Big Grin Im sure it'll fit somehow!

Also, you have PM!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No i don't :/ LIES
Thanks given by:
I just bored out the exhaust elbow on mine, does the job fine ThumbsUp
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
as jake said.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's IMHO just as easy to do it properly and have a proper downpipe made... 1.75 or even 2" isn't enough for a 180hp diesel, you're going to be running into issues with backpressure and high EGTs, you will be wanting at least a 2.5" downpipe, if not 2.75"... If you're having problems lining it up, have the exhaust flange plate with a vband clamp on, then you can put it wherever you fancy and clamp down, just means having to copy a stock downpipe shape, but easiest way is to retain your stock bend, and sleeve onto the original downpipe...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 10:22 PM)Dave Wrote: The oil return should be similar to that of a T2, if the holes are slightly apart just elongate them Big Grin Im sure it'll fit somehow!

Also, you have PM!

Yes you can use standard return with elongated holes and smaller bolts, you may need a slightly longer flexi to reach to the block, seal with high temp instant gasket, worked fine.

For the high pressure oil line why not just get one made up entirely, I paid £20 for a flexi from the block to the turbo, much neater and had shiny an fittings.

Cj is selling tdo4 plates for £65 so guess that's about the going rate, I found it really hard to get any local engineering places to make me a set without incurring silly cost or laser cutting, so a friend that works in such a place would be useful. I've made a couple of sets that were ugly but did the job, not hard to do if you've got something to cut holes in metal, then just drill and tap.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I can drill and tap no bother, the problem for me is the actual centre bore, nothing to cut that out unless I go 100% pikey with an angle grinder!
Thanks given by:
Cheap plasma cutter?
Thanks given by:
Cheap? lol

Might as well just pay to get plates made!
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2012, 10:06 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: the problem for me is the actual centre bore, nothing to cut that out unless I go 100% pikey with an angle grinder!

Drill lots of little holes in a cirle, then get happy with the file?

Or drill a big ish hole and blow it out with the arc welder turned well up
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Ahh i have no welder to hand. The lots of small holes idea sounds good in theory but would take f*cking ages on 10mm plate
Thanks given by:
10mm plate!!! Seems a bit ott? My td04 plates are either 6 or 8mm.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Can you get some local place to cut you some holes of the right diameter and then you do the rest? Then at least you don't have to wait for them to faff about lining everything up and sorting it out. I left my last set of plates square shaped :/
Thanks given by:
Yeah sounds a more likely option tbh! Just get some square plate or offcuts and get the centres bored out
Thanks given by:
Yeah, 10mm plate is a little excessive, you'll end up struggling fitting it down the back if it's on 10mm plate!!! You want ~6mm ish...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: