Newbie with a 1.6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with a 1.6
Question 
Morning all! Just signing up and saying hi to celebrate my first steps into pug ownership.
I picked up at 1.6 Meridian at the weekend... so far so good! Smile

... can anyone tell me though is it supposed to sound like a jet engine winding down when it stops?!

Ta
Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome. Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Welcome along.

Sounds like s
The person before has unplugged the fans so they stay on flat out all the time.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome along to the forum, and as puglove says, fans would be the only thing i can think of that would sound like you've described.

Got any plans for it? Im sure you'll find all the help youll need on here, especially with the fans. And get some pics up! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club Smile
Thanks given by:
Rhank all for the friendly welcomes Smile

Erm ... ok .... so these fan things then?! What's that mean? Is this a good thing? Bad thing? Something I should worry about???

At the moment it's a very bland looking navy blue ... although I have polished it now so it's a bit shinier than it was! I'll add some pics when I figure it out! LOL Smile
Thanks given by:
you will be much happier in life with an XUD! ninja

welcome!
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
The fans would normally kick in when your engine gets to a certain temperature to help cooling, ie. when sat in traffic. If one of the sensors (cant think which off the top of my head, someone will be along shortly to tell you which one) is disconnected, the fans will run continuously, until the engine is switched off, or the sensor is replaced/connected.

Not really anything to worry about, but its one of those niggly things that is actually a pretty easy fix. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 05:32 PM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: you will be much happier in life with an XUD! ninja

welcome!

... ok ... what's an XUD?!

Newbie alert! Wink

//// Ah ... just seen. Hmm sadly mine isn't one. Ho hum. :S

(01-11-2012, 05:34 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: The fans would normally kick in when your engine gets to a certain temperature to help cooling, ie. when sat in traffic. If one of the sensors (cant think which off the top of my head, someone will be along shortly to tell you which one) is disconnected, the fans will run continuously, until the engine is switched off, or the sensor is replaced/connected.

Not really anything to worry about, but its one of those niggly things that is actually a pretty easy fix. Big Grin

OK - good to know it's nothing to worry about. I like not worrying! Big Grin

Cheers m'dear

(01-11-2012, 09:10 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: Hello and welcome. Big Grin

Like the wheels on the pic. Smile
Thanks given by:
The XUD is a diesel engine.

And no worries, we all have to start somewhere! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 05:41 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: The XUD is a diesel engine.

And no worries, we all have to start somewhere! Big Grin

LOL ... give me a couple of weeks ... I'll catch up! Wink
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

RE. your noise... Is it hard to get into gear at all? My 1.6 had a fooked gearbox (all TU 'boxes are cheese) and that whined like a bitch when I let off. I guess some oil would have helped Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Welcome mate.
Thanks given by: