Stagnent water in the head and bores

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stagnent water in the head and bores
Thumbs Down 
Soo I got a spare engine today, D8A block, T2 and Bosch. Started removing all the loom, pipes and crap that isn't needed on the 205. Then moved onto the inlet manifold, and as I loosened the bolts water started pissing out, manifold was full. So whipped it off and tipped it up side down (will be leaving it like that overnight to drain it all) as it has entered 2 of the bores by the looks. The inlet valves are covered in crap too (non EGR).
I need to rip the head off and check inside but will this generally speaking mean the engine's scrap? The water looks like it's been there awhile.
Should I contact the seller?
I do have a spare head and some HDI rods so I may just built then onto the block with the original pistons if they're not too f*cked.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I had this exact issue, depends how long its been there, get the head off and have a look...I bored my block out anyway so didnt really matter to me, but if its rusted / pitted at all and your not planning on rebuilding it then deffo no good...get onto the seller either way, at best ull end up with refund and free block for scrap!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
The water wasn't rusty, came out pretty clear, maybe a good sign.
I update this tomorrow after I remove the head. CBA to do anymore tonight.
I'll send him a text and explain, he seemed a nice bloke so he may be reasonable.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Get a pic up. I had this and the water was orange but was only really surface shit it wasn't too deep and cleaned right off with a slither hone.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tis hard old cast so needs lots of time / air etc to do any serious damage, had that xtdt field car full of water all winter, just pulled the plugs, and fired it up, cloud of dust out the exhaust and has run fine ever since Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
and gets the bollocks ragged off it nearly every start up Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Quote:Tis hard old cast so needs lots of time / air etc to do any serious damage, had that xtdt field car full of water all winter, just pulled the plugs, and fired it up, cloud of dust out the exhaust and has run fine ever since

Good car that XT Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2012, 01:49 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
Quote:Tis hard old cast so needs lots of time / air etc to do any serious damage, had that xtdt field car full of water all winter, just pulled the plugs, and fired it up, cloud of dust out the exhaust and has run fine ever since

Good car that XT Wink

Like fook your radger!! Its new engine aint bad I guess, even though thats from you to!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
haha that engine i think had done a few miles...200k or summin. (just run in really)

sorry for the thread hijack Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  water leak after replacing head gasket juz22 4 1,385 17-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Last Post: juz22