205 project xud coversion next year

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 project xud coversion next year
Seen a 205 dturbo for sale, just what i was looking for during the winter months to keep my gti mint! [attachment=3302] bought my 205 for 650 pound near donnington race track with 179000 miles needed some work but i was delighted. me and dad took it home with an A bar all the way north of inverness.....long day!    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
[attachment=13232] So finally got this 205 xud project underway. Got hold of a citreon ZX dturbo with bosch pump, we took the engine out and a few other bits and bobs, then got rid of the shell.

[attachment=13236][attachment=13235][attachment=13234][attachment=13233]
Thanks given by:
[attachment=13240][attachment=13239][attachment=13238][attachment=13237]next step was to take the 1.8 litre engine out of the 205 bumper fans radiator grill bonnet etc to make everything easier with more room took the engine out with the gear box still on was a little awkward, had to lower the engine down then jack up enough to slide the engine out.

now for the list of parts to the XUD engine going in we did

new rocker cover seal
new crank shaft seal
new fly wheel seal
new cam shaft seal
painteds fuel lines on the engine
skf timing belt kit
new water pump
and a new sump

[attachment=13241]

[attachment=13242][attachment=13243]the subframe was swapped with another one we had spare which had almost new mounts the orange and blue coloured ones. Although we could'nt find any of the mounts that hold the subframe to the chassis legs, apparently the arnt made anymore so again we had some of another 205 madri gras dturbo (donar car) that had been replaced a couple of years ago so we used them.

we removed the ram from the steering coloum and filled the wholes up were the fluid would normally move around in this should make it a quick rack of sorts we hope have to just wait and see, if nothing else it will free up some room not having any power steering, and to be honest a K REG 205 power steering it almost non existent anyway!!!

other new part were 2 new bottom arms
new braided brake lines
new wheels bearings
new top mount bearings
two track rod ends
Baker B and M quickshift
Baker B and M stainless steel coolant hose pipe thats sits in the drivers side wheel arch

that rubber coolant pipe is also no longer made by peugeot i was lucky enough to find it on ebay for sale, a genuine part for 11 pound.
Thanks given by:
also had my struts which are group n tarmac bilstein adjustable 205 struts repainted as they are quite old and the yellow was looking shite so had them carefully blasted and prepped at my local "Highland powder Coating" in tain the i painted the black instead of yellow then just going to put diesel lowering springs 40mm drop on them.

if i was made of money of course i would get some coilovers but nevermind Smile[attachment=13244]
Thanks given by:
Your not far from me, im in the black isle
Thanks given by:
[attachment=13245]quick shot of my 306 DTurbo which you guys will all be more used to! P.S not normally this dirty. bit of a shame to use it in the winter with all the salt on the roads mind you. only 127000 miles too, hardly broken in...
Thanks given by:
One hell of a collection of cars there! So many 205's! Looks good so far...

I'll have some lowering springs for a 205 diesel available soon as I'm changing to coilovers, interested?
Thanks given by:
Welcome along nice project
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
After all the bay and subframe was painted new brake pipes and fuel lines new gear linkages and a baker. Quickshift the engine was put in along with new bottom arms track rod ends struts were put in.
We didn't put the radiator and fans in just yet because we wanted to take the fuel tank off and take the old beam off ready for a reconditioned gti axle, so we pushed the car out and turned it around so we could concentrate on the back
Thanks given by:
Ok so did a little more work last week got it all ready to be fired up went for the big start up and it would splutter into life but then conk almost straight after and take no throttle what so ever. also checked the fuel lines which were all good, checked the air pipes just to make sure they were all clear, checked the solenoid on the pump and it was also good.

So we made a little fuel tank out of an old bottle put onto the primer before the pump and tried again. this was just to help diagnose where abouts the problem might be, because if then the car started fine we knew it was the fuel lines that were at fault.

this didn't make any difference though, so we pulled off the return fuel pipe only to find that no fuel was coming out.

that's when i asked on here and thanks to the guys that suggested what might be wrong, and they were right, the Vane pump was knackered probably since the pump and engine were lying for about 8 months out of the donor car and moisture had made its way in about things.

Sent the pump away to auto head recon inverness who stripped the fuel pump to find the pump was indeed seized. They then quoted 700 pound to completely rebuild the bosch pump.

So i thought to hell with that, little bit to pricey although it would be done well its alot of coin, i mean the car itself i bought for 650!!!!
My dad managed to find a bosch pump on a car at a local scappies of a peugeot 405, so yesterday after work he took it off the 405 and returned home with it.

At this point i disappeared to the pub and left him to it, bit selfish haha! But as i came home slightly intoxicated i went out to the garage to a good smell of diesel fumes and the engine felt warm to touch so i was delighted. He said this morning it started no problem and he had it going for a fair while. Happy days

[attachment=14734][attachment=14733][attachment=14732][attachment=14731][attachment=14730]few snaps of the car

then in the middle of all this happening whilst checking my oil level and such things on my daily car 306 DTurbo phase 1

BANG!!!!!! spring broke not the best on a sunday afternoon work the next day but thankfully i have a few 205 springs about so got one to fit for a few days

[attachment=14737][attachment=14735][attachment=14736]broke spring

brother helping me out

[attachment=14738]temporary replacement spring

so just ordered a couple of springs to match the old ones that came of nothing to fancy just spax 40mm drop springs got them the other day and fitted them yesterday morning in the rain Sad then gave the car a wash. looks kinda high but the springs should settle down a bit yet.[attachment=14739][attachment=14740][attachment=14741]
Thanks given by:
well its been some time now had a nightmare with the cam shaft pulley seal leaking put a few differnt ones on and it keeps leaking reckon its damaged at the end where the old seal has left a slight score on it, so have just bought a new cam shaft! other wise the rest of the car is ready for the test apart from my auto bonnet getting painted [attachment=15817][attachment=15816][attachment=15818]

Then decided to get some berlingo steelies and keep things simple the ride is much smoother with smaller rims and fatter tyres anyway and less rubbing Smile also put the grill with new badge and rallye stripe on.[attachment=15819][attachment=15820][attachment=15821]
Thanks given by:
new cam shaft arrived so old one out new one and obviously there wasnt enough difference between the buckets and the camshaft so the shims were ground down to the new required size and the new camshaft and seal were put in hopefully for the last time.[attachment=16299][attachment=16300][attachment=16301][attachment=16302]

i know the bucket numbers are wrong they were just placed on by me to get a photo Smile

anyway passed the mot today no bother he had to set the tracking and replace a wiper blade but other than that it was all good. then i had to pay 126 pound for 6 months tax which is taking the piss i thought but never mind.just back from a run in the car and it pulls surprisingly hard specially in the 4th and 5th gears im delighted with it, just a few more things to get sorted like the door pins and pick up my resprayed auto bonnet then its all done Smile [attachment=16303][attachment=16304][attachment=16305]
Thanks given by:
nice work . . .time to fit a bit turbo, do a few pump mods and blow her up now . . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's great to see so many XUD 205's about now after JOEY, but this one looks a really good example. Just chuck on a different blower and it will be blisteringly quick trust me.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Love this dont see enough 205s anymore
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I 2 nd what Tom has said! I'm the proud owner of two and can't exactly say they do themselves any favours.
Thanks given by:
Heres to dads around lending a tow and a hand when you most certainly need them :p
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its guna be 306205oc soon!!!

I do love them though, this looks very nice....only thing puts me off having one is if something went wrong and made contact with a tree, cant imagine it would stand up well Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is reallly tidy! Loving it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Car is now of the road for winter and I'm kinda planning a FMIC need some guidance though, am I better used the fmic adaptor for the pipes that come up for sale every so often or using a different manifold I already have an auto bonnet so I have a bit of room but not sure what is the best solution, also would like to keep my standard 205 radiator and fan set up if possible so this probably limits choice of coolers and pipe work routes but there must be a neat cooler that people often use that might suit my requirements any feedback would be great thanks
Thanks given by:
Cool looking 205 Smile , big blower and that would be an animal Wink
Thanks given by:
shame to pull the lump out of a rare car now, Well they are up here. how hard are these to drop a 1.9 dturbo in?
205 looks the part mind!
Thanks given by: