GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi-6 - ITBs & CAMMED Track Car.. LATEST VIDEO
[Image: PEUGEOT%20306%20MAXI%20(54).jpg]

Just do this to the bonnet?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The software I'm using for formula student at the moment would be perfect for all this. Ricardo Wave if you can get a hold of it, and be arsed to learn how to use it. Although you've learn to map, so clearly you have a reasonable amount of patience Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
We had lots of fun getting trumpet lengths right...

but even lengths was a hard rule for our setup...the idea is good but we had baaasd running results
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
OK, looks like we've nailed it... more information to come - but 220hp so far...

[Image: 1499499_10151783867546339_2080792138_n_zpsf0acdf7b.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by:
I've never seen throttle bodies used with different length trumpets before. Looks like interesting stuff, I'll certainly keep an eye out for updates Smile
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's simply to smooth out the torque curve. If you look at my previous dyno plot, you can see the torque waving up and down as the pressure pulses change amplitude as it runs through the revs. It got worse with the bigger cams, so rather than "it'll be alright" as most people seem to do, Chip Wizards Wayne wanted to try and sort it completely which we have now done. It's just a case of optimising the mapping now to fuel correctly everywhere in rpm and load.

It's doing 220hp and 185lbft at the moment, maybe a sniff more to come with optimised mapping but not much.

Still on the stock management and stock injectors at the moment....
JP
Thanks given by:
jam thank you for doing this. wanted to do it for a while but was sure if it would work. peter t cams and bodies here I come
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, I've been told before that the GTi6 likes a really long inlet runner length, it's why the standard manifold has that up and over shape with trumpets inside the plenum.
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 10:01 AM)hovis16 Wrote: jam thank you for doing this. wanted to do it for a while but was sure if it would work. peter t cams and bodies here I come

If you talk to Chip Wizards they can map your stock ecu to work with the setup like I have here (and you will be going for) will save you a grand on aftermarket management and mapping.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 11:01 AM)jammapic Wrote:
(13-12-2013, 10:01 AM)hovis16 Wrote: jam thank you for doing this. wanted to do it for a while but was sure if it would work. peter t cams and bodies here I come

If you talk to Chip Wizards they can map your stock ecu to work with the setup like I have here (and you will be going for) will save you a grand on aftermarket management and mapping.

JP

looks like i will be doing a trip next year then :-) ive got a peter t zorst and inlet cam fitted at the moment and its great but it has its days lol so a map (and bodies) will help loads. you've upped the rev limit as well havent you?
306 Rallye giving people a surprise because they think shes a 1.6 ;-) Silly people
Thanks given by:
Yes, but not by a silly amount. It's something like 7750rpm at the moment I think...
JP
Thanks given by:
Just a quickie... setting up the launch control on the car. Playing with cut off speed etc in this video. This is still on STOCK MANAGEMENT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syfH8-C2RdI
JP
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2013, 11:01 AM)jammapic Wrote:

JP

I can understand saving on the ecu but your paying for mapping regardless whether it be a stock ecu or a aftermarket ecu, still seems a good route but only if your local to chip wizards etc otherwise a aftermarket ecu would prob be a better option. What's it idle like when cold mornings etc? I know my omex was a pig to get the mapping right for cold mornings..

Have you had it rolling roaded anywhere else for figure comparison? Look forward to seeing the updates
Thanks given by:
It'll save a fair amount on actual mapping itself, quicker = cheaper. £300 for mapping on stock ECU.

Plus, you can send your stock ecu to him and he can do a map that way - as he's done the base work now for either cams or no cams.

Starts great. Haven't tried it on any other rolling roads yet, it's still there getting finalised.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
need to get mine on a rolling road so i can see how the car performs. i no the fuelling is right for sure . As for cold morning starts my sound awful sometimes and stalls lol bapbapbap burrr off then fine when you start it again
Thanks given by:
So is the fuel injection different on the cylinder pairs to match the differences in air volume passing through each cylinder, or does it just rely on the pressure wave oscillations throughout the rev range effectively being diametrically opposed on the crank, as would be the variations in afr, to balance each other out for a reasonable compound reading on the lambda and dyno?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Many science
Thanks given by:
Poodle, on a race car where you'd be so close to det / damage, you'd probably run a lambda per bank of trumpets. On a road engine where you are within 10% of optimum fuelling (and on the safe side) so long as you keep within that tolerance it's fine.

We've measured the VE of the motor through the rev range (as obviously it changes based on harmonics down the trumpets, cramming air in etc) and the biggest variance we've seen is 6%, well on the safe side.

Biggest thing on this car, is keeping it rich enough to keep the cat cool - my wideband is in the downpipe, so we can monitor that easily. Overall fuelling is fine for keeping the cat cool, and as the harmonics change through the revs, the exhaust gas temps will balance themselves out through a "pull".

Obviously, a positive wave is followed by a negative wave, followed by a positive wave - this will mean slightly rich of optimum, slightly lean of optimum, slightly rich of optimum - this averages out.

I'm doing an article about inlet length tuning / fuelling etc for PFC mag in the next few months - all the science of working out VE, organ pipe tuning, pressure waves etc will all be in there.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2013, 11:46 PM)jammapic Wrote: Bit of a tunnel run tonight. My friend Dave was driving and we nearly managed 50mph in this one! :-)

JP

sounds like its got a janspeed exhaust on that! how quick does it go to 0 to 60?
Thanks given by:
It's got a longlife 2.5", with two silencers and a cat....

No idea what the 0-60 is, I'll time it when I get it back.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
So... this project lives again.

It's been on the back burner for a while, other jobs have taken over and it's been sat unloved and collecting dust in the back of my mates workshop.

When it was put away it was making around 220hp and still needs the mapping finishing.

I'll get some photos when we pull it back out and spark it up.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Absolutely love this; so much information put into it!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I kinda lost the love for it. But now the sun has started to come out a bit more, I can't wait to let it off.

Slightly concerned it'll feel slow compared to my Jag though....

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Isn't it more of a back roads basher though? as in come to a corner drop it a gear, hear the throttle bodies roar, trousers get tighter, leave the corner satisfied lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
ayup james, long time no speak!!

was up at waynes in January I think it was with the rallye for a map tweak for more boost, cant really remember, and saw your car there! what happened with the dturbo?

the stock ecu's are fantastic aren't they, nobody will listen to me no matter how much I preach!
Thanks given by:
Hello mate!!!

DTurbo cost me too much money, and wasn't really getting very far - so sacked it off, kept the good bits and put them on a GTi-6.

Was my car looking really sorry for itself? All dirty and unloved? :-(

Yes, the stock ECU's rock....
JP
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 09:04 PM)jammapic Wrote: Hello mate!!!

DTurbo cost me too much money, and wasn't really getting very far - so sacked it off, kept the good bits and put them on a GTi-6.

Was my car looking really sorry for itself? All dirty and unloved? :-(

Yes, the stock ECU's rock....

Ha yeah did a bit, filthy and a set of wheels just thrown in the back!! Nice bonnet though!
Thanks given by:
It lives!

Car is now MOT'd, mapping all done, and just picked up a set of KSport coilovers.

Will get those on over the next few days, along with my solid rear beam mounts and then off for alignment.

Have got a new set of wheels and new sticky racing tyres packed so nearly all set for the Nurburgring on 28th April!! Smile

I'll get some piccies soon, I promise!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
This car is cool as f*ck. 220bhp and a strong torque curve must be lovely to drive!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate!

I'll get the latest graphs etc up when it's sorted, and will get some more pictures when I'm going over it in the next few days.

I like it, but it's a bit marmite as it's useless on the road, but brilliant on the track, very noisy, uncomfortable and impractical... But fun!

JP
JP
Thanks given by: