Crunchie 1st gear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crunchie 1st gear
Hello there!
Iv got a 2000 XSi and 1st gear is crunchie feeling when i put it in gear, reverse sometimes doesnt go in 1st time... basicly i have an insue getting it in Wink
Is it something on pugs of that age as my gf's 106 is the same. I fitted zinc plated steel linkage rods and tweeked them so all the other gears feel smoth as a smoth thing. But what ever i do 1st is still as lumpy as a nans arse.
Thanks given by:
Non genuine pug gearbox oil ?

Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 06:39 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Non genuine pug gearbox oil ?

I changed the gearbox oil when i got it cant remember what i put in but it wasnt pug specific. would that actualy make a difference then?
Thanks given by:
I know if you put non genuine pug oil in it can nacker the box up and makes it hard to get into gear i know this as i done it on my gti6. Im sure other members will confirm it aswell its only cheap to buy the genuine pug oil i would take a trip to your local peugeot garage and buy the genuine oil and change it and see if it cures the problem Smile

Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 06:48 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: I know if you put non genuine pug oil in it can nacker the box up and makes it hard to get into gear i know this as i done it on my gti6. Im sure other members will confirm it aswell its only cheap to buy the genuine pug oil i would take a trip to your local peugeot garage and buy the genuine oil and change it and see if it cures the problem Smile

Thanks! Its worth a try, I hope the damage hasnt already been done :S its been in there a year.
Thanks given by:
Its worth a try mate only cheap from pug so you got nuffin to lose Smile

Thanks given by: