outside temperature sensor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outside temperature sensor
hi guys,
just wandering, my car doesnt have an outdoor temp sensor in the mirror, but the hole is there, just wandering if anyone knows if the wiring is already there or not? if it is all im guessing ill need is the sensor itself and the clock with the temperature display too? i have manual mirrors by the way, dunno if this has anything to do with it.
cheers
Thanks given by:
Take the mirror off and see if there's a connector for the loom........I doubt you have it seeing as your mirrors are manual but worth a look.
Thanks given by:
its just my friends car of the same year has a temperature gauge, and it annoys me not knwing how cold it is outside
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 10:08 AM)Jake949 Wrote: its just my friends car of the same year has a temperature gauge, and it annoys me not knwing how cold it is outside

just open the window and pop your head out for a sec . . . :p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 11:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(24-10-2012, 10:08 AM)Jake949 Wrote: its just my friends car of the same year has a temperature gauge, and it annoys me not knwing how cold it is outside

just open the window and pop your head out for a sec . . . :p

OR if you think to yourself 'its abit nippy out here' while walking to your car, then its cold Wink
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
haha problem is i dont feel the cold, being on a bike in -15 weather for 2 years, doesnt really bother me, just rather know if theres a chance the roads will be icy and all that haha.
Thanks given by:
Take the mirrors off and see if there is a spare connector behind there. Passenger side should have two more wires than the drivers. If it does, get a set of electric mirrors, new door switch and a clock and your good to go
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
could just go down the scrappy and get electric mirrors, door looms and drivers window witch! not only will you get your temp sensor but youll also get leccy windows! winner winner chicken dinner! Wink
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 03:49 PM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: could just go down the scrappy and get electric mirrors, door looms and drivers window witch! not only will you get your temp sensor but youll also get leccy windows! winner winner chicken dinner! Wink

If the wiring is there for it in the dash loom. Luckily, peugeot only did a high and low spec so if you havent got the wires in the door plugs for windows/mirrors, youve got a low spec loom
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ive got electric windows, just manual mirrors. would that mean anything as to what spec loom i have?
Thanks given by:
Could be anyone's guess Jake, pop a mirror off and look for a connector. They're brownish red and drivers side has 5 wires, passengers has 7 (2 extra black wires for temp sensor).
Thanks given by:
Niall if the wiring is there would it not just be possibly to take the sensor from the electric mirror and fit into manual ones? Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can't see why not mate, the sensor only locates onto the inside of the little plastic blanking plate.....theorectically if that same plate is on the manual ones you'd only need to drill a small hole to retro fit it.
Thanks given by:
Sweet i think i may go on the hunt for one myself Smile thanks again
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've probably got one here if you can't get hold of one.......I'll double check later this afternoon mateWink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Intake Temperature sensor suggestions zx_volcane 6 1,878 10-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane