head gasket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
head gasket
Ive got suspicions that my head gasket is on it way out, my coolent system is pressurizing the top hose goes rock hard and my coolent is brown when its meant to be orange lol, any other signs of a headgasket going? it doesnt over heat or any loss of power :/
Thanks given by:
Moved to the correct section
Thanks given by:
well is it overheating? and smoke out the back? water in oil/ oil in water? there are loads of signs of a HG failure! lol

a pressurizing hose could just be the thermostat not opening...

and brown water could just be from rust...
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
oh right didnt know that about the thermostat will test that tmw! and no smoke it just chucks and sounds very rough 1st thing in a morning and slight blue smoke
Thanks given by:
For what they cost get a new stat couple of quid and while your at ir giv it a flush and drain then fill back up and bleed and see how u go, headgaskets are very common on these engines but smaller problems are always overlooked first
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ok thanks will prob replace tmw oh and another thing thats pushing me to my headgasket is my heaters arent getting warm
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 07:34 PM)wiggy Wrote: ok thanks will prob replace tmw oh and another thing thats pushing me to my headgasket is my heaters arent getting warm

that'll be coz it's airlocked, either from the HG or not being bled properly, do you know how to bleed the coolant system on these? . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
mine blows blue smoke on start up aswell chap! and the engine in mine is sound (touch wood) its just because these cars are getting on now Wink

do a thermostat, flush and bleed and see if that changes things Smile oh and if the heater go cold again look out for a leak or hole etc that air could be sucked in by.

oh and not forgetting that abit of smoke could be down to needing new glow plugs Smile
trial and error! head gaskets are common but dont rush to the decision because its shows possible signs Smile

good luck!
Thanks given by:
that'll be coz it's airlocked, either from the HG or not being bled properly, do you know how to bleed the coolant system on these? . .Smile
[/quote]

nope Big Grin lol

(23-10-2012, 07:45 PM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: mine blows blue smoke on start up aswell chap! and the engine in mine is sound (touch wood) its just because these cars are getting on now Wink

do a thermostat, flush and bleed and see if that changes things Smile oh and if the heater go cold again look out for a leak or hole etc that air could be sucked in by.

oh and not forgetting that abit of smoke could be down to needing new glow plugs Smile
trial and error! head gaskets are common but dont rush to the decision because its shows possible signs Smile

good luck!

its just had new glow plugs last week, so im hoping that the flush and stat works Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 07:48 PM)wiggy Wrote: that'll be coz it's airlocked, either from the HG or not being bled properly, do you know how to bleed the coolant system on these? . .Smile

nope Big Grin lol
[/quote]

well . . . .there's probs a guide somewhere but basically you need to make a header tank in the rad cap so that when the thermostat opens the water level is high enough to fill the whole system and there's a rumour that heaters should be on full and you open the bleed points from low to high . . . . . ..

or buy a Haynes manual, it's detailed in there , ,Smile if it airlocks and top rad pipe goes hard after that then it's the HG i'm afraid . . . :/
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ouch ok i'll give it ago tmw! thanks guys
Thanks given by:
let us know how it goes! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible head gasket issues? forbeslongden 3 2,415 16-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket (again!) Pughawk 1 1,590 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM