About time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About time
http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/ar...nt=October

Looks like car insurance is actually coming a step closer to being fair!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Been in the pipeline for a while, but yes, it's been a long time coming!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
TBH i dont think this is fair. I completely agree with charging the highest risk drivers the most for insurance cos now they cant "discriminate" on gender is someone going to go to court and stop them "discriminating" on age or against people who have loads of crashes or loads of criminal convictions?

Its gonna end up with a system where you pay only based on the insurance group of the car and nothing else so me who is a very safe driver and currently pays a low premium (for someone in my age bracket) will have to pay the same as some 17 year old scummer who goes round robbing little old ladies and has already written off 6 cars making off from the police.
Thanks given by:
You safe driver? Haha

Seriously though if that article is right, men's insurance will go down a bit. Insurance isn't going to get cheaper for a long time to come but this just means that the impact of rising costs will be spread between women and men evenly which I think is fair seeing as women statistically are not better drivers.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 10:00 AM)Niall Wrote: I think is fair seeing as women statistically are not better drivers.
They may have the same amount of crashes but they tend to be going significantly slower when they hit things so do less damage to vehicles and theres then less chance of a whiplash claim.

(23-10-2012, 10:00 AM)Niall Wrote: You safe driver? Haha
Yep, 5 years no claims bonus and I dont remember accidentally hitting anything in that time, maybe the odd clipped kerb but thats it. Im very aware of my surroundings and good at reading the road ahead and anticipating whats going to happen next.

Remember speed dosent cause accidents, its the inappropriate application of speed.
Thanks given by:
Sorry dum dum I seem to remember you having a BMW with a front bumper full of mud not all that long ago when you came off the road? Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
glad they'll have to start paying what we do its a f*ck on, my gf on the same car got a quote of £900 when im paying £1800 TPFT it rediculous.
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 10:57 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Sorry dum dum I seem to remember you having a BMW with a front bumper full of mud not all that long ago when you came off the road? Lol

Not me mate, I dont have any pictures of it and the only times ive covered it in mud was field drifting.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 10:57 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Sorry dum dum I seem to remember you having a BMW with a front bumper full of mud not all that long ago when you came off the road? Lol

And how many sets of rear tyres did you destroy?

I also seem to remember you squirming for grip, almost in my boot twice on roundabouts on the way back from the Chichester meet
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just seems like the insurance companies are excited they can whack up women drivers and drop the men a little bit , and line their pockets more. Surley if men and women are no different now why can't everyone be charged on the old womens rates , it's wishful thinking but would be a nicer concept
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Men's won't/haven't come down, it's just women's that will skyrocket!
Just another reason to have your pants down IMO!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,520 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey