strange knocking Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange knocking Help!
Alright all, The other day was derving round some back roads near me after my car passed its mot (finally) and dipped my wheel into a bit of a dip on the side of the road (to avoid a van) Ever since then it does quite a nasty knock when i pull away only. Nothing through the gears at all, Have checked the wishbone bushes and has just had a new ball joint for the mot and all seems ok. Im pretty clueless now. Was thinking i knakered my suspension but aany ideas would be sweet.
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Any Ideas?????
Thanks given by:
We're still unsure on this, feels like it comes from low down and started doing it bit on braking too... any idea's?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
broken droplink maybe
Thanks given by:
As cully says nackered drop link.

Track rod end.

Top mount bearing shattered

Best things to check first TBH. TRE & drop link will be hard to tell so make sure you take them off and have a proper good look at them

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Go do a fat hill start and see if it does it then. Im thinking engine mount.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
top mounts alright no real play in that, as we had that apart other day, pretty sure tre are replced recently aswell. tbh the drop links the only I'm not sure has been checked/ changed although sure nath will answer in a bit I forget whats been done and hasn't
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Yeah my old top mounts seemed fine untill i took them apart and they fell apart in my hand.

Only takes the tre or the drop link to slacken off slightly to couse a massive knock. But again seem fine on inspection.

Dont just write these things off because the seem fine or have been checked/ replaced recently.

I.e i changed the drop links for new ones on my mrs xsi a month later it stripped ONE thread off very slightly slackening it and making a massive knock. But on the face of it seemed ok and was only replced a month before.

So as said dont write things off

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Maybe drop link then, that is the only thing I haven't replaced or looked at yet, will change that on my next day off and hopefully it stops. Cheers guys
Thanks given by: