Phase 3 Dturbo into Phase 1?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 3 Dturbo into Phase 1?
Question 
I had an idea for a few months now, basically I want to take a mint phase 3 Dturbo, rip the HDI lump out and replace it with an XUD lump. My current steed, while incredibly reliable is literally falling to pieces, not mechanically (apart from an illusive engine fault) but bits of trim are falling off, paint is shot to hell, instrument clusters are failing, etc. In addition to that the chassis is pretty tired, having been hit from behind and infront.

I know the phase 3s negate many trim problems experienced with phase 1s because their interior is completely different and far more sturdy than the phase 1 interior. Also, the phase 3 safety features are worth having, such as ABS, brake distribution, 6 airbags, etc. I assume these operate indepentently of the engine ECU since safety features would need redunancy in an emergency situation, so they won't be affected by an engine change.

So would it be literally a case of ripping out the HDI lump, making a few modifications, dropping an XUD in and putting a phase 1 front on it? I know the looms between a GTI and an XUD are troublesome, is it the same case between the HDI and XUD?
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-7077.html
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up phase 3 SP bumper puglove 14 5,143 19-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Matt
  Phase 1 Kingfisher 306 xsS 64K what's it worth? Redordead89 19 3,569 12-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Redordead89
  Phase 1 dturbos kingfisher green. bashbarnard 24 3,492 10-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31