ph1 dturbo not starting - urgent help required

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph1 dturbo not starting - urgent help required
basicly, car wont start on the key, wiring is abit funny on this car as it is but its never failed to start

when working on it with the car running, i bridged the stop solinoid to the fuel pump, obv stoped the car. Whent to start it again, nothing, dash lite up as normal, heated, but when i went to turn the key it wouldnt turn over.

It used to be when i disconnected the battery and connected it again, the immobaliser flashed the indicators etc, held the button on the side of the steering coloum, indicators switched off and it would start. Now though it flash's the indicators once, so im thinking its something to do with the immobaliser atm

but things got kinda werid on the way home, got 12v to the stop solinoid, bridged the starter and she started, happy days i thought, driving though the town on my way home from my mates, no speedo or temp hand and the stop light was on. thought nothing of it cos of how i started it. Got out of the town, hit full beam, and my speedo started working, as did my temp hand, and the stop light dimmed, never done this untill tonight, so must be related

tried jump leads from engine to chassis incase it was a bad earth, but still no joy, atm im stuck as i dont want to drive it about having to bridge the starter and stall it everytime

anyone any ideas as to what it could be, tried a few fuses but all seem'd ok that i tried(didnt try them all, was late and raining)
Thanks given by:
got it sorted, was fuse 12 blown, back working like normal again
Thanks given by:
Your problem lies in your Original post Smile

i bridged the stop solinoid to the fuel pump, obv stoped the car.
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeh, but the bother was it wouldnt start again lol, its all gd now but, was only a blown fuse Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Exactly my point!! if you bridged the solenoid out onto pump your going to blow the fuse lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
aye, thought that mysel, but alarm n immobliser wasnt going off like normal, had been told bad earth n all, but i either figured fuse or maybe a relay
Thanks given by:
figured id bring this thread back up

its blowing fuse 12 everytime i turn the key now, fine on the first click, but on second click it blows the fuse
heater light still comes on, as do all my normal warning lights

it stopped as i came off a roundabout last night, just stopped dead, had to bridge the starter to get it going so i could get home

any ideas, i think its a short somewhere in the wiring, but i dont know where to start looking, ive tried the dim dip relay, resistor, reverse light sensor, oil pressure sensor, both big wires off the starter, stop solinoid disconnected, all at the same time and it still blows the fuse, outa ignorance put in a bigger fuse and it blew it straight away aswell
any help appreciated, really frying my head and need the car for work tomorrow
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Starting dturbo without key Ryan'dolan 6 1,177 22-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Eeyore