Headlight Levelers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Levelers
Here's an interesting one for you all...

I have a problem with my car at the moment (one of those, it has no symptoms but something just isn't right, can't put my finger on what though), anyway, got home from Tesco a couple of hours ago and as I went to switch the car off I heard a funny noise. So flicked the key round to electrics (but not ignition) and sat for a minute or two just listening (radio off, lights on) when all of a sudden I heard a grinding/whirring noise...

Scratching my head looking for the source of the noise I glanced up, only to see my headlight beams moving up and down by themselves in time with the grindy noises!? Turns out the noise I could hear was the motors whirring away shifting the bulbs up and down...

So, do we reckon it's the adjusters that are screwed? Or something else? Inside the headlights maybe? For the time being I've disconnected the adjuster wiring and taped it up, but I'd quite like to get to the bottom of it.

Oh, and this isn't the source of my original problem, just one of those intriguing little side-issues!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Won't be the adjusters mate. Try a new switch in the dash for them. Can pick them up off eBay for pennies.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Disconect the switch and reconnect the adjusters if it stops them moving i'd say its the switch if they still move though a bad earth or sticking relay ?
Thanks given by:
They don't operate on a relay. It's just a multi point switch really.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, cheers Niall/Gunge, will have a look tomorrow if I get 5 minutes of daylight to check.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
wasnt sure if there was 1 thats why i put the ?

may need to get a test lamp/multimeter and prob plugs to see whats there
Thanks given by: