Rallye and gti6's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rallye and gti6's
Hi guys

New member here. Have been on the gti6 forum for a number of years, but just joined up to take advantage of the bakerBM groupby. I've had abit of a thing about rallyes/gti6s for a good few years.

Started out with a very clean Rallye. bought with 19K on the clock direct from peugeot;

[Image: i259.jpg]
[Image: i264.jpg]

Then had an equally clean phase 1 GTI-6. Used exclusively for Road and navigation rallies.

[Image: 3419142764_50d2f5f343.jpg]

Now i'm on my 3rd. a phase 3 GTI-6. Full OMP cage, Bilstein front shocks, koni springs. Estate rear drum beam with GTI-6 torsion and roll bars. Hydraulic handbrake, Quaife lsd and some other toys. used for navs, lanes rallys, sprints, hillclimbs

[Image: IMG_9687-vi.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9955-vi.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9475-vi.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is pretty awesome. Are the fogs blanked off on your phase 3, as it looks like they're painted or something? Giant spotlamps look brilliant.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 11:35 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: That is pretty awesome. Are the fogs blanked off on your phase 3, as it looks like they're painted or something? Giant spotlamps look brilliant.

Tin Foil FTW! can only have a max of 4 forward facing beams for road/nav rallys, so the fogs would prevent me using the spotlights.... which are infact awesomely good!
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome :-)

And couldn't help but laugh at "pee speed" lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good, where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

There's a GTi6 that goes to my local night rallies that looks very similar!
Thanks given by:
I'm from N.Ireland, so doubt it would be me!
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 11:04 AM)rallyecomms Wrote: [Image: IMG_9955-vi.jpg]
Love this photo!

Interesting that you've used a drum beam with GTi-6 TBs and ARB, I guess that gets around the issue of having a shit handbrake.
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 08:22 AM)Scott Wrote: Interesting that you've used a drum beam with GTi-6 TBs and ARB, I guess that gets around the issue of having a shit handbrake.

Got it in 1. Had a hydraulic handbrake on the old white one, with the GTI6 disc beam. Shockingly crap, even with the hydraulic. estate beam, has the bigger drums than the hatch on the back. Its a good handbrake on the cable, but with the hydraulic its properly good now. However... the downside, as you've probably gathered is that using such a good handbrake at speed, is killing the beam mounts! I've snapped two brand new sets of mounts in less that a day Sad.
Thanks given by:
:-O Jesus. I'm hoping the Baker ones solve that problem! If you have any problems with them braking let me know, Stew might be interested in making some thicker/stronger ones.
Thanks given by:
should be fine. They separated in half right at the rubber section on the std ones. Came off the car in 2 bits...doh. Baker ones are solid and i presume welded on that join, so i'm hopeful it'll do the job.
Thanks given by: