jammapic's XUD 306 DTurbo Track Car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jammapic's XUD 306 DTurbo Track Car
where did you get the droplinks from, another idea for mine i think.
Thanks given by:
Foxy

Hub removal
- Extract lower ball joint.
- Slacken shock pinch bolt and extract shock from hub.
- Remove track rod end from hub (Using leverage to pressure the joint if its spinning.
- Remove 35mm bolt holding driveshaft to hub.
- Be careful driveshaft doesnt either seperate at a joint or drop out gearbox.
- Admire the hub now in your hand!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It may b a rear one I have to do. Will I need to change wheel bearings etc?

Sorry to hijack your tread jp!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, the rear hub is integral with the bearing so both are replaced at the same time.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks for the help!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
JP
Thanks given by:
not a bad idea . . . . . . might lash summit onto my top mount using the rear washer output, being as it's blocked and has never worked anyway . . . . . .just a thought, is screenwash corrosive in any way does anyone know? . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
really nice idea this...

im going to assume it doesnt run off the same switch as your windscreen jets - or does it :| would get annoying ?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:not a bad idea . . . . . . might lash summit onto my top mount using the rear washer output, being as it's blocked and has never worked anyway . . . . . .just a thought, is screenwash corrosive in any way does anyone know? . . .Big Grin

I ran a water spray system on my old top mount and it made no noticable difference Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:not a bad idea . . . . . . might lash summit onto my top mount using the rear washer output, being as it's blocked and has never worked anyway . . . . . .just a thought, is screenwash corrosive in any way does anyone know? . . .Big Grin

I ran a water spray system on my old top mount and it made no noticable difference Smile
that's coz you pootle around like my gran on sedatives . . . . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Meh, i hammered it up a huge bypass got heatsoak and the water did nothing lol
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Off the rear one if its dewipered at the back?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i want to do this to mine but if i use it of the rear wiper my boot will pop open first so id have to pull up and close it lol
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
All I've used is the rear water pump motor thing, wired up a seperate switch etc. My car has no rear wiper anyway so it's spot on.

I'm running 50/50 water and alcohol so it evaporates quick. I don't normally get hear soak anyway, but if I do I'll fire this on!
JP
Thanks given by:
OK - so today worked on "Pikey IC spray mk2"

[Image: DSCF7239-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7240.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7241.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7242.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7243.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7244.jpg]

Twin mist nozzles. Works far better.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
i like how we both end up doing this at the same time and yet i get little response....... lol btw look in my thread i can prove it makes a difference in reducing temps. it even combats increase in temps when on boost and reduces them
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Did a road rally this weekend up in the lake district, surprised a few "petrolheads" which is always good fun! Smile Managed to get airbourne which was unpleasant, and spent most of my time at full throttle and 4000rpm+ without issue!... I think it's time now to retire this engine from service, it's been a strong old ox! Smile

Few photos of the car doing it's thing:

[Image: Lakes16.jpg]

[Image: Lakes14.jpg]

[Image: Lakes13.jpg]

[Image: Lakes12.jpg]

[Image: Lakes11.jpg]

[Image: Lakes10.jpg]

[Image: Lakes9.jpg]

[Image: Lakes8.jpg]

[Image: Lakes7.jpg]

[Image: Lakes6.jpg]

[Image: Lakes5.jpg]

[Image: Lakes4.jpg]

[Image: Lakes3.jpg]

[Image: Lakes2.jpg]

[Image: Lakes1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7248.jpg]

[Image: DSCF7297.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by:
Is it bad that I know where at least 90% of those shots were taken? Big Grin

You could not have asked for better weather for it, though I am still upset you didn't pop in for a brew! lol

And if your retiring that engine what are the plans for replacement...............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:And if your retiring that engine what are the plans for replacement...............

Boosted GTi-6....

Nah, f**k that :-). Another XUD, forged internals, more boost and some other bits still not disclosed on here... if you talk to me sweetly over PM and buy those coilovers I might tell you Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:Boosted GTi-6....

Nah, f**k that :-). Another XUD, forged internals, more boost and some other bits still not disclosed on here... if you talk to me sweetly over PM and buy those coilovers I might tell you Smile

JP

Glad your staying as is with the XUD powers!
Fair play Big Grin I'm working on it with the coilies, I will chase engine info when I get that one sorted lol might even give you a bell for a chat one night this week so you can tell me then Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
That road rally looked a laugh, some nice 205's there. Bet most of them where GTI-6 engined one's, seems a very popular swap.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:That road rally looked a laugh, some nice 205's there. Bet most of them where GTI-6 engined one's, seems a very popular swap.

Or slow and thirsty MI16 Turbo technics ones lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
So PPC in the Park was fun... thanks guys! Smile

[Image: 538159_10150793617136339_502696338_98106...1083_n.jpg]

[Image: 551122_10150793604176339_502696338_98105...3451_n.jpg]

[Image: sig.jpg]

Car went great and didn't miss a beat, thanks to the 306oc pit crew for swapping the wheels over when the weather came good! Smile

Can't wait to get the new motor in and really put it through it's paces, when not worrying about rods! Smile

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I cant wait for you to put your new motor in either, its gonna be awesome. If I was closer Id offer to help.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I cant wait for you to put your new motor in either, its gonna be awesome. If I was closer Id offer to help.

Also can't wait for this !!!!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
A couple more pics I've got off professional photographers from PPC in the Park (not that you aren't a pro Dum!!! Tongue )

[Image: IMG_9089.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9170.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9200.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9310.jpg]
JP
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:A couple more pics I've got off professional photographers from PPC in the Park (not that you aren't a pro Dum!!! Tongue )

[Image: IMG_9089.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9170.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9200.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9310.jpg]
Looks evil.. whats with the big secret? Wink
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Gunna say what lumps going in it yet? Lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
XUD9, with long stroke crank and bigger bore pistons. Just over 2.15l. That, with forged rods, forged pistons, forged valves, ceramic coated exhaust ports and precups and mega big valve head.

Also using a HDi gearbox, Quaife LSD and a Helix twin plate clutch pack.

Turbo is being made SLIGHTLY bigger, and am building a new pump literally as we speak in the garage.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
No replacement for displacement mate.
Thanks given by: