VW Polo 130pd 2006 - New owner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VW Polo 130pd 2006 - New owner
Wink 
Well bought this beauty today.

Its my mates old car which he part exchanged for a bigger car (kid) and i bought it from a different dealer few weeks later.

Sold with 30k history,6months tax,full service,12months MOT 3 month warranty (gearbox and engine) also dealer thought it was 130bhp...

But ive got FSH Smile as my mate never handed over the service history for the car. Book asks for £5300, dealer asked for £5k i paid just over £4600....professional remap pushing to approx 178bhp

Only pic i have for now...
[Image: C0CD8E1C-DF07-4F88-A759-CD7627538222-577...367399.jpg]

Cheers!
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Crap interior in these.

I believe that's the same colour as my nans one too.

Can't say I like it, but it's good enough for my nan!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Why not just buy it from you're mate in the first place? Also why wouldnt he hand over the service history with the car?
Looks ok though and with aprox 178bhp should be pretty quick?
Thanks given by:
cause few weeks back i didnt want/need another car. he didn't hand it over because they didn't ask for it.

very quick - dealer described it as "pocket rocket" and "wolf in sheeps clothing" - they also thought it was a limited edition because it had a Nurburgring sticker on the rear, but that was only cause the car has been there with my mate haha
Thanks given by:
I'm positive the pd130s map to 190bhp dude. I think the 150s are about 210bhp
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I drove my mum's 1.9tdi, and have to say the over-electronically-assissted steering did my head in. It was just so vague and gave so little feel I would almost go as far as to say it was dangerous.

Gah to me it just summarises why people drive slowly, and have no idea what is 'safe' and what isn't in a car these days. Everything is so diluted and electronically assissted, meaning the driver does less and less, meaning they don't know how the car will react near or past the limit. Which Imo is the most dangerous thing of all...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
with the steering i do agree with you ed,i noticed that straight away. but overall i cant complain i want to move on and found my new love lol
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 02:36 PM)ben87 Wrote: with the steering i do agree with you ed,i noticed that straight away. but overall i cant complain i want to move on and found my new love lol

Fair play, sorry just re-read my comment and it sound slike a bit of a rant about it, not trying to put you off! It just feels a very different beast by comparison to a 306. but I'm sure it's probably a lot more refined than a 306 with a few more creature comforts etc. So fair play man Smile get some 30-70 videos up lol Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
yea dont worry i know what your like and anything on line i take with some salt haha... yea deffo more refined than the 306 even after ive tightened it up with strut braces plus this feels alot more solid!

30-70 ill try lol but its too quick it may not record haha
Thanks given by:
I hate VAG but I bet that bloody shifts with 178bhp in a Polo...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
You think your foot is flat to the floor but then I realised it wasn't and down the foot goes and in kicks the rest of the power haha
Thanks given by:
As ed says get some 30-70 vids up Smile
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/63Wza5GEWIA

Hope it helps!

Will add more pics tomorrow
Thanks given by:
after driving an 05 or 07 golf gt tdi round for the past month I'd agree with Ed but its something you get used to and then its not so bad, even quite fun to drive once you get your head around the super lightweight steering.
defenitly not the involving drive that a 306 is, but dare I say it, great cars, and very refined, bet that thing shifts too, my golf is 140/150 something round there I'm not sure and that's prety rapid.
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
That is fairly bloody quick...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Damn I miss PD 180 pull! Sad

Should be a bit quickerr too as I guess the Polo is lighter than a mk4!

Heres the mk4 one......just under a second slower I make it, not bad consider the state of the cams lol. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFLZJeIKYQ0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1B-VyeYiwY&feature=plcp

The steering/handling probably is as crap as most new cars..........but that torque and comfort makes up for it. Big Grin Just be careful with the DMF, turbo and cams.... lol

(17-10-2012, 02:13 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I'm positive the pd130s map to 190bhp dude. I think the 150s are about 210bhp

Lol...only with a new clutch and SMF. Generic maps are 180 for the 130 and 182 for the 150. The reason for that is to keep the reliability (yeah I know...) but the clutch wont take the torque for long, but if you wanna throw an uprated clutch in, get a FMIC and get a hybrid turbo you can just about push 200bhp with a 150, dont think you'd get that from the 130 without changing a few more bits though.
Thanks given by:
New clutch/flywheel 2moths ago for a whopping £1500. I'm happy with 178bhp and 303lb/ft don't want any more to be honest. Had enough of fmic cars etc etc. just glad to have a car where everything works as it should Smile
Thanks given by:
Cool tunes bro.

In all seriousness it looks pretty quick lol! I have to agree on the steering point aswell, Bit weird at first but after you get used to it, its lovely Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Didn't pay attention to music lol I was nearly home so switched off. Was radio 1 at 11:40pm lol - sometime decent music other times crap
Thanks given by:
today some new bulbs arrived to help get rid of the dull yellowness...

old bulb on left and new bulb on right

[Image: 7B093747-E3E2-4F79-A51D-D7A0C52D14CB-903...e4a63b.jpg]

[Image: 9CC51363-E915-4815-9F60-69EEAA554122-903...579699.jpg]

thanks to a bit of advice on here i got H7R Hid fitted and well the difference works a treat,just need to buy new bulbs for my full beam so it all matches up
Thanks given by:
    not the best of pics but took the polo badge off

Slow project cause its perfection anyways lol
Thanks given by:
New rear light makes all the difference!!

[Image: a2a7y5ap.jpg]
Thanks given by: