Random Knocking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Knocking
Hello Folks... this is a problem that happened shortly after fitting my lower strut brace and then went away....

myself and DTurbo90 fitted a lower strut brace next to a speedbump... I then promptly drove away and caught said speedbump... joy. I presume I bent it up a bit but its not noticeable... that day whenever i laid some power down there was a thud... however that seemed to stop an hour later...

Now when i bring the clutch up there is a slight delay and then a thud before the power gets put down... the same thing but a lot less violent. i dont particularly know much engine wise but what I think might be the problem is that.... when i put my foot down the engine twists and the sump has been hitting the brace and i reckon this might have damaged the engine mounts?

Anyway its not stopping me from driving it in anyway its just slightly worrying how it seems to have got worse after the long trip back up to uni :/
Thanks given by:
The lower engine mount can often hit lower braces. Easy cure is to just file a little off the end of the mount, you honestly dont need to remove much and to be honest it may weaken your mount by about 1%
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
cheers Kris Big Grin Nothing to worry about for now. When i finish uni Ill have a proper look and give it a file Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Had it on Pompeymarks car.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
See what your engine mount is like cos if its past its best replacing it could make it better
Thanks given by: