Feltspec white ph1 - polished and starting the tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feltspec white ph1 - polished and starting the tidy up
Id lose the splitter and raise the back a nick, that might be me getting old though lol
Thanks given by:
lol, must be anto :p

gonna get another spliter, this ones battered stupid atm

and im glad to be back in a derv, since 8 on sat night till 8 on sunday nite i done 200 mile, n only used half a tank with a gd bita "spirted driving"
Thanks given by:
thought i'd update this a wee bit Big Grin

well, its now running like a straight d, 10 psi of boost down from the 20 it was 4 weeks ago, so ive bittin the bullet, its going into the shed tomorrow, 11mm pump off my old sigma ph1 is going onto it and a k14-2 off a merc, that should sort the power of it Big Grin

need to flush the heater matrix, got a thermostat in her and still no heat, its not leaking and its not bypassed so hoping flushing it works

plans for next couple days then
k14-2 and 11mm pump on
spray headlining
eyelids sprayed and fitted
cb wired in
sub and amp wired in
sort passenger window as it doesnt go down all the way
flush heater matrix
sort my exhaust hangers
and get a clock for the dash as its currently not there

should keep me going tomorrow anyway
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20121031_153013.jpg]

can you tell which ones going onto it Big Grin, hopefully get the turbo on tonight, and possily the pump if i cba lol
Thanks given by:
ok, so thought id update this, since its been a while
firstly, that big turbo above, it lasted a week and went bang, so im back onto the standard k14 running 20psi again

also, got a set of 6000k hid's for her, got them fitted today but no pics as of yet

got my sub and amp fitted, but also no pic's of it atm

but i did get a pic of one of my mod's today,
[Image: 20121129_162359.jpg]

thats the top half of a civic gear stick, so i can use my old gearknob, its about an inch longer, and welded at an angle so its easier to reach, theres also abit welded into the bottom to keep the standard throw

will get pic's of the rest later on, trying get a bit more done atm as its in the shed for tonight Big Grin

C&C
Thanks given by:
can you take some pics off yours custom coilovers?
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Love white ph1's! looks well. Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 07:32 PM)Seid Wrote: can you take some pics off yours custom coilovers?

lol, its just springs in her

n cheers, always wanted a white one
Thanks given by:
i have mine with only spring and the drop its not like that, and i have 195/45r15
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
yeh, mine are 60mm out of a saxo, not alot of people with agree with me running them but f*ck it, they go low Big Grin
also running 195/50/r15
Thanks given by:
Well, been doing wee bits and pieces to tidy it up, nothing major just spraying small bits here and there, and gave it a polish aswell, its gonna be in the shed over winter to get abit of work done but

ILZ's todo list
Black head liner
Silver dash
Ph2 center console
Rear fog switch
Dimmer switch for boost gauge
Oem switch for fans
Refurb cyclones
Dixie horns
Window washers
Window washer bottle
Mud flaps
Spray fogs graphite
Paint callipers red
Respray mirror covers
New drivers sun visor
Led rear number plate lights
Strip inside n clean
Replace crack dial screen
Replace blow bulbs on dials
Tidy hid install
Tidy air horn install
Passenger side window

Sad thing is that isn't even gonna be it all, as ill likely come across other bit needing done aswell
Thanks given by:
wee bit of an update, got quiet a few things off that list done, still quiet alot todo but

first up got a new exhaust tip, excause the dirt it hadnt been washed in a couple days
[Image: IMG-20121215-00023_zps539e08c7.jpg]

then painted the badges and tow eye yellow
[Image: IMG-20121222-00028_zpsc0c5a5b4.jpg]

then tidied up the inside abit
[Image: IMG-20121223-00001_zps3d002624.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20121226-00005_zps61eb4938.jpg]

replaced alot of stuff, its now the first 306 ive had that when you open the doors, the light comes on, did clean out the inside aswell but no pic's of after that
Thanks given by:
Finaly starting to get ready for dropping an engine into her, so stripped the k14-2 for a rebuild
turbo split
[Image: IMG-20130104-00013_zps4c08aedf.jpg]
intake side turbine
[Image: IMG-20130104-00015_zps83c47301.jpg]
exhaust side turbine
[Image: IMG-20130104-00016_zps67528577.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130104-00017_zps69fecef7.jpg]
exhaust turbine housing
[Image: IMG-20130104-00014_zpscb25c69a.jpg]

both turbine wheels have got abit of scoring on them, they arnt that bad but, plan is to rebuild it with 360 bearings, ream out the hotside and make a new downpipe
the turbo was very late spooling before so trying to make it abit easier to spool

http://www.turborebuild.co.uk/p/product/...e+bearing/

also is that all i need for the rebuild? aslong as the shaft is ok once its split?
Thanks given by:
..Sort of, you may have issues with balancing the shaft though if the wheels have been scored. You could maybe chance it if the wheels were intact but if they've taken any damage then I wouldn't risk it or it'll probably end up popping again after a month. Still for the price of a rebuild kit, give it a shot Smile
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
they've got a slight champ, might be worth getting another k14-2 and bolting it to my exhaust housing, they should go that dear its just finding a e300 td merc to screw it off Big Grin

from what i can tell the bearings have completely colapsed anyway, so there is a good chance the shaft may be marked aswell
Thanks given by:
How much is a CHRA for it?

In fact what nick is the compressor housing in too? Has that taken a beating?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
both housings seem ok, intake side turbine is barely marked, exhaust seems to have took the worst hit, and its not all that bad either

dunno, new would be to expensive, but as its an oldish turbo buying a complete turbo shouldnt be that dear, ive sent a text to the chap who built it(reaming the stock k14 exhaust housing etc) to see if he has any sitting about
Thanks given by:
After havin a chat with a few ones who have rebuilt turbo's, and the chap who hybrided this one I've been told by most its not worth rebuilding, the best way todo with it is buy another k14-2 and bolt it to the reamed hotside

So once I get my new engine, ill be running a stock turbo, with a boost controller and 11mm pump, and ill maybe save for a new gt series turbo

Quick question, is the exhaust flange, the 90 bend coming out of the turbo ur exhaust bolts to, is it the same on a k14 as a t2?

On the looks front, got a set of eyelids sprayed, just happen to be the ones I had on my sigma blue ph1
Thanks given by:
right, finaly another update with photos

First up, got my eyelids on and the car polished
[Image: IMG-20130111-00035_zps70939fbc.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130111-00030_zps4cd15233.jpg]

done these a couple weeks ago, but only getting photos up now, you can see my back arch's really need sprayed, and cyclones refurbed, getting it all done one at a time just
[Image: IMG-20130111-00031_zps9689677c.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130111-00032_zps889c8e18.jpg]

also got my A and B pillars back in, interior is finished for now
[Image: IMG-20130111-00033_zpseda00896.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20130111-00034_zpse7982171.jpg]

C&C
Thanks given by:
f*ck the haters, i like the brows.

but shit man, how far back is your seat!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
lol, f*ck the haters is right, dont drive with them pushed as far back, reclined yes, but had it pushed back to put in the b pillars, can still touch the wheel all the way round Big Grin
Thanks given by:
this cars grown on me. it might be something to do with the fact that you have a white phase 1 with a straight roof, but other than that......
one thing that would make it look a tad better though (not a rear ride height complaint!!!!) is go up a tyre profile or two, just make the clones fill the arch a bit better Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
cheers, it is low at the back, lower because of a boot full of tools and a sub, so its bout 10-15mm lower than it would be with a clean boot

see i dunno, i like the 50 profile on them, was act gonna go down to a 45 profile but for now im gonna stick with the 50's, Saving for an engine so from now on its the main priotiy
Thanks given by:
bought an engine, just need to get it screw'd outa the zx and get it into the shed

was looking a wee bit of advice, asked in the chat there, been told to drive it standard for a week or so, basicly, an old man has owned it for the past 4-5 years, its never been above 50 in that time, prob never reved over 2.5k or 3k, it has been serviced well, and looked after. Im just wondering if you treat it the same as a petrol that hasnt been drove hard, would i be better running it a good couple weeks, driving it easy. I dont want to start wrecking piston rings and the likes

my first plan was to do timing belt, 11mm gov modded pump and fit the boost controller all before the engine went in, but im thinking now of dropping it in standard for a while and then do the work after a week or two

Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 06:29 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Ruined it already :/

Why on earth do you all think it looks good that low on the rear, honestly do you not think it looks broken?

a 60mm drop so the arch JUST covers the top of the tyre wall looks fantastic, I hope you rescue it Smile
was looking on eBay with mrs at cars, we came across a 306 that was stupidly low on back and she even said it looks broke before I noticed it!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tell me more about this zx. You breaking it?
Thanks given by:
While I love the low cars, it's the little bits that are killing it for me

the ph1 bumper already looks like it has a splitter , doesn't need a second one so much
the eyebrows look a lil daft , guess they block out some of the light too?
However the worst offender is the "turbo" seatbelt strap on thing
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Want a set of blue s16 door cards
Thanks given by:
@ ollie, its a local breakers lad, 5dr with small bumpers, but most of its there

@lolsteve, been over this, I love it looks wise, yous all don't, it doesn't bother me this project is about the engine not about handling, or looks, eyelids don't block any light I've noticed, and the turbo seatbelt straps came on it

So back to the point here, going to take the engine out of the zx today, hopefully get it in next weekend, completely standard for now, but atleast it will be running right

and speaking of engines, just got it ripped outa the zx this morning
[Image: engine_zpsace4d474.jpg]

now off the subframe and sitting in my shed
Thanks given by:
Look on my photobucket mate its 'del635', k14-2, you'd want to go mental on that hotside and elbow with a diegrinder *everywhere* and it doesnt *look like you've been running an mbc :/ no no with that wg, that wg should be set at 14psi then let the mbc do the rest otherwise it'll boost fine until 14 then slowly creep the rest Wink this will lower the threshold only a bit maybe full at 28-29k rpm but the response of the turbo esp above 3k rpm will be night and day better.

(15-10-2012, 02:52 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: I can't help but read your posts in an Irish accent Rofl
Ive met ricky and when I read his posts in his accent I cant understand them lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,827 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,667 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Rallye Tidy Up (Yes yet another one) MCH 13 3,599 08-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ben_w