its happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its happened
well its happened! yesterday driving home from thetford train station and the xud ranaway on me....revved to over 6,000 rpm for 3 seconds then back down to normal, then it was pouring bluey grey smoke out the back for the rest of the way home it was massively down on power and missfiring like a biatch. got it home and took the intercooler off and looked it over and couldnt work out what was going on....no oil in the intercooler? so turbo is fine! then noticed boost compensator pipe is full of diesel! so it must have sucked diesel into the intake when it ranaway! so drove it gently with the compensator pipe off and plugged up to see if it cleared. on the=is gentle drive.... BANG!!! clatter clatter clatter....blew the starter motor clean off the block, punched holes in the sump and cracked the gearbox, and went through my nice new radiator! i think my rods made a bid for freedom! most annoying thing is, the car has 12 months MOT on it and i just filled it up with diesel! will upload pictures tomorrow!!
Thanks given by:
That sucks Sad Get pics!!

You gonna replace the engine now? They can be had for so cheaps these days!

did it happen far from home?

What caused it to run away??
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
fuuuuuu.... thats bad! D: Pics will be horrific!
Thanks given by:
OOps, thats a sucker mate Sad

Lucas pump by any chance? Compensator seal went bad by the sounds of it Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:14 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: That sucks Sad Get pics!!

You gonna replace the engine now? They can be had for so cheaps these days!

did it happen far from home?

What caused it to run away??

no not far from home at all and luckily my mate was behind me in his landrover so we just towed it home, how much do you think an engine and gearbox would be because im thinking it would be cheaper to get a new car its only a black phase 1.

the runaway was due to diesel being sucked in through the boost comp pipe so it wasnt running on its on oil but it was getting diesel in the air intake
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:20 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: OOps, thats a sucker mate Sad

just what i was thinking daz . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:20 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: OOps, thats a sucker mate Sad

yup lucas pump 165,00 miles recently turned down as it was in for its mot monday just gone
Thanks given by:
This is my nightmare...

sorry to hear it bud Sad
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:28 PM)Jake Wrote: This is my nightmare...

sorry to hear it bud Sad

cheers jake yeah i nearly didnt post it because whenever one person posts this event there is usually 2 or 3 to follow..... gulp!
Thanks given by:
also i dont suppose anyone has an engine and gearbox in norfolk/north suffolk area??
Thanks given by:
Dont scrap a black ph1!! Sad Get another engine, scrapper round me gives you everything for £80.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Only a black phase 1? Only?! I'll have it! haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
first pics... more to come soon couldnt get the head off snapped 2 T55's!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
shit 1 mate i had the exact same thing happen few weeks ago broke the starter n shit hole in the front and the back of the block hope you get it up and running again soon
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thought the lucas pump couldnt rev over 4,500rpm ?
sorry to hear that mate...gutting.
Thanks given by:
Bayley, they dont usually, but the problem here was not the pump supplying too much fuel, it was because fuel was being sucked in through the intercooler.
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 08:18 PM)Dan! Wrote: Bayley, they dont usually, but the problem here was not the pump supplying too much fuel, it was because fuel was being sucked in through the intercooler.

take it these lucas pumps are really fragile then.made how a compensator seal can cause all that damage.
Thanks given by:
Bad luck mate but as said don't scrap it, especially with 12 months test! Just watch all xud owners drive steady for the next few weeks as these do tend to go in 3's!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2012, 12:02 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Bad luck mate but as said don't scrap it, especially with 12 months test! Just watch all due owners drive steady for the next few weeks as these do tend to go in 3's!!!

dont think ive got much choice at the moment struggling sourcing a new engine + gearbox.
Thanks given by:
bad luck mate...just buy my hdi instead Smile
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by: