Brake Vaccume

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Vaccume
Does the GTi6 actually need the Vac line thats plumbed into the inlet for the brake servo cos it has an engine driven Vac pump like the HDi and XUD and they dont make manifold Vac.

Could I do away with that pipe and just run the brakes off the engine pump?
Thanks given by:
Yes. There's a valve in there that changes dependant on what is providing more vacuum.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers Mate.
Is the valve in the pump or the t peice in the pipework where they join?
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 11:59 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cheers Mate.
Is the valve in the pump or the t peice in the pipework where they join?

I think it's in the T piece but I've never looked at one apart so can't say for definite. Logically, it would be in the t piece in which case I can't see an issue with just hooking it up directly to the pump....but then again will the pump provide enough vacuum at low rpms?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 12:02 PM)Niall Wrote: but then again will the pump provide enough vacuum at low rpms?

They manage on the DT/HDi and it looks like the same pump. but that said it if was enough at all RPMs why would they fit a pump hmmmmm.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 12:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 12:02 PM)Niall Wrote: but then again will the pump provide enough vacuum at low rpms?

They manage on the DT/HDi and it looks like the same pump. but that said it if was enough at all RPMs why would they fit a pump hmmmmm.

It was explained to me why and I can't bloody remember now but there is a reason for it.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: