Stupid lowered cars :/

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid lowered cars :/
Thumbs Up 
So, went over a speed bump and the speed bumped bashed my "U" clamp off at the cat, so my exhaust seperated between the cat and the mid pipe*...

Luckily i'd picked up a mini ramp from my shed...
[Image: %24(KGrHqV,!gsE8pH)q)2hBPL7Vzh63g~~60_12.JPG]
which ment my bumper would hit the ramp about 6inches before my tyres!!

Which ment my simple job of un doing the clamp, slipping the cat back inside, and doing the clamp up again turned into a bit of a polava!

I hate 306 bumpers, its more the foglights that get in the way of the bolts... i did not intend on scratching my wrists and cutting my fingers today!!

All because my cars lowered! Why does allah punish us all!

*Made an epic noise!
Thanks given by:
Id of just used my low entry jack to get the car in the air and change the clamp
Thanks given by:
Scissor jack, then trolley jack the axle stands Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Easy when you got the tools! I could have taken it to a garage to go up on the4 poster, but once id got my shit out the boot i couldnt be bothered!
Thanks given by:
^^ this.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
My scissor jack looks like a banana! Ask KrisB!!
Thanks given by:
Ahh gotcha, thought you went home to get the ramp after breaking it.

I dont really carry any tools (certainly not anything useful)
Thanks given by:
God... imagine if your car was actually low ;-)
Thanks given by:
I got some plates they mount train shocks to. Got tapered edges and a flat circle top there awesome for getting jack clearence and good if you need to turn the wheels also if ajusting tracking.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 10:51 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ahh gotcha, thought you went home to get the ramp after breaking it.

I dont really carry any tools (certainly not anything useful)

I always carry my 120 piece kit from halfrauds and an angle grinder!

No, im at my girlfriends base, so i couldnt even go to the motorclub lol!

Didnt fancy a 2 hour driive home with it sounding like a v8 tractor!

pugmon Wrote:God... imagine if your car was actually low ;-)

^ Tell me about it lol!!!
Thanks given by:
You wanna try doing it in halfords car park! The only tools I had with me were a scissor jack and my ratchet spanners!
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 10:41 AM)sean-306 Wrote: which ment my bumper would hit the ramp about 6inches before my tyres!!

I hate 306 bumpers, its more the foglights that get in the way of the bolts... i did not intend on scratching my wrists and cutting my fingers today!!

All because my cars lowered! Why does allah punish us all!

i did this last weekend, wanted to check everything was sound underneath just bought it, brought it home, went to drive on the ramps, not happening. I thought it wasnt even that low!
Thanks given by:
Ramps are shite, cant even get standard height cars on them! I'm gonna scrap my ramps with golf shell........just left them underneath it atm incase it falls off the stands lol.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 11:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Ramps are shite, cant even get standard height cars on them! I'm gonna scrap my ramps with golf shell........just left them underneath it atm incase it falls off the stands lol.

Yep what tom said mine is standard hight and they wont go under bumper :-( try driving it on to some bricks first

Thanks given by:
i cant get under mine... and i cant get the jack under mine... and i catch all the speed bumps... and the suspension rattles.
Thanks given by:
i used my ramps the otherday, you can drive up 1 with the wheel on full lock to the right so it jacks one side up, but i thought i would be clever and use to bits of wood just before the ramps, i drove up on to the wood and off the other side....

can you guess what happend?

the ramps slid out and crushed the front bumper!! FFS now i have to big scrapes on the 2 front corners grrrr
Thanks given by:
The joy of the pick-up I just get down on the floor and go under..don't have to jack it up or anything
Thanks given by:
thats about the only good thing Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
I drive mine onto bricks then shove the jack under to get it up.
Thanks given by:
i dont rate those type as my HDI jumped off them, my rover wont even go up a set of ramps as its that low on the front.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 01:13 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I drive mine onto bricks then shove the jack under to get it up.

^This, using a nice concrete block atm - although admittedly I don't carry it around in the boot
Thanks given by:
Use scaffold planks. The short ones. They have lugs on the end which hook nicely over one of the "rungs" on the ramps..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 12:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: i cant get under mine... and i cant get the jack under mine... and i catch all the speed bumps... and the suspension rattles.

Careful, I think you must have forgotten to log out of your account, it seems that Toms306 has managed to post on your behalf... Confused
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 10:55 AM)PUGMON Wrote: God... imagine if your car was actually low ;-)

(12-10-2012, 04:56 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 12:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: i cant get under mine... and i cant get the jack under mine... and i catch all the speed bumps... and the suspension rattles.

Careful, I think you must have forgotten to log out of your account, it seems that Toms306 has managed to post on your behalf... Confused

Nahhh.. theirs no mention of golf's

(12-10-2012, 04:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Use scaffold planks. The short ones. They have lugs on the end which hook nicely over one of the "rungs" on the ramps..

Gays always have the best ideas!
Thanks given by:

Nope, Sams suspension is shit as 'someone' missed a washer out rebuilding it! Itwasntme shame he doesn't have a standard height hdi estate to use really! Confused Big Grin

Can get my jack under it though, low entry ftw. Wink
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 06:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Nope, Sams suspension is shit as 'someone' missed a washer out rebuilding it! Itwasntme shame he doesn't have a standard height hdi estate to use really! Confused Big Grin

Can get my jack under it though, low entry ftw. Wink

yeh im going to have to get myself one of those decent low entry jacks tom! Big Grin Along with my house and garage! Tom it was ben who forgot to put it in! Will get it sorted when i get proper koni struts for it!

Tbh any entry is good enough for me! As long as its not too low. 15cm seems to be my limit.
Thanks given by:
Ben missed one, I didn't put the other side in so they matched lol. Turned out that wasn't the best idea though.

And yeah, quick lift, low entry jack is one of the best value for money tools I've bought! Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol. Low.

I stole a really low entry scissor jack from the scrappies, just about fits under the sills and has been a life saver, my trolley jack is about 3" too tall and the pug scissor jack doesn't fit...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Low is when you have no jacking points left. Hope the current owner of my bora never needs to jack it up lol.
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 04:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Use scaffold planks. The short ones. They have lugs on the end which hook nicely over one of the "rungs" on the ramps..

But when you reverse it off, DO NOT RIP OFF THE FRONT BUMPER!!!!!! Dick.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid stupid car trends....is it just localised??? Craig-o 47 11,336 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Last Post: declantg