Secure Password Storage App

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secure Password Storage App
Had a bit of a scare on Monday when I received two emails from Paypal, one thanking me for my payment of £390, and other, a refund for £390. At first I thought it must be a scam, but checked my account (without clicking any links) and realised that it was true and the emails were genuinely from Paypal.

The amount was for a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3, which had absolutely nothing to do with me.

So I changed my account password immediately, then rang Paypal and got through to their fraud department and reported that the transaction was not authorised by me and was therefore fraudulent. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and reassuring and said that Paypal's fraud software had spotted the transaction and immediately reversed it for me, and that should would open a fraud investigation (although what will come of that I don't know!).

However it got me thinking, I use one or two passwords for all my accounts, I don't have the memory power to remember a different password for every account. So began thinking about getting an app for my phone where I can store my passwords securely (and possibly my multiple credit/debit/account PIN's details etc).

Does anyone use any "secure" apps on their phones? If so, views etc please? I have an iPhone so, as long as it's available on there that's good. I don't want an Apple/Android flaming session, just views on apps please! Oh, and I'm not too bothered about cost, but cheaper the better I guess!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
One password 'trick' which I quite like and is relatively secure is to use your normal passwork but have some kind of reference to the site its for at the start of the password, hard to explain, but for example;

Current password - Lemon123

Change paypal password to Paylemon123

Change 306oc password to oclemon123

Ebay password to Eblemon123

etc etc.

Obviously is still not 100% secure if somebody find out your password but it atleast means your passwords arent all the same.
Thanks given by:
LastPass - https://lastpass.com/

The desktop browser version is free, I believe you have to pay for the mobile app though. It automatically generates secure passwords for any sites you create new accounts for (or if you want you can for old ones, too) and you only need to remember a single master password. Just make sure that your master password is secure, and not one that you use for something like your hotmail account.
Thanks given by:
a freind of mine had his pay pal hacked and to this day he has no clue how he is very strict on this sort of stuff and literally has a password for everything. he ended up having around £1900 taken from his account. the person who had hacked his account had setup up a new bank account to withdraw the funds via paypal. and the whole transaction could be traced. From the guy logging on in America what he logged on with creating the account etc etc. in the end he got his money back after having to prove he wasnt in america! But what paypal did regarding the guy who hacked the account is unknown
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
My pal has pictures of cars with website names in the corner. The numberplates are his password. He don't know I know though. ninja
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forgotten Password! cully 3 852 26-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Last Post: ROBCAT
  How Often to Start a Car in Storage MY95 34 4,581 05-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Martin306
  iPod storage in your Pug? C.A.R. 16 2,963 14-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.