Hybrid'ing a turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid'ing a turbo
well im looking at making a hybrid TD04-19t im about to order everything i need in the next week or so as i have a donor TD04 with damaged blades.

Im having to change bearrings as they arnt flat on the 19t but would i need to get it balanced? im thinking yes tbh as want it right

Also can anyone recommend anywhere reasonably priced for balancing and maybe flowing the compressor housing?

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Really no need to modify the compressor housing, they're damned good as standard really...

You'll definitely need to have it VSR'd, at 200,000rpm with anything SLIGHTLY out of balance, it'll destroy its bearings and just shit itself prematurely... IIRC Turbo Dynamics do VSR for about £60.... Make sure you buy decent genuine bearings, ebay bearings and seals are crap really...

And yeah, as you said, the 19t is a superback compressor wheel, make sure you specify this when you come to buy the reseal kit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Try turbotechnics; i know they do some good refurb work, VSR machines and contact info here http://www.turbotechnics.com/www/?page_id=12#
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys ive been recommended a kit by a company that sells on ebay by the performance centre next door but forgot to ask them where they use for VSR etc. they kit comes with new housing new compressor wheel and bearring kit with seals all for just under £150, so worth a try if anything

Cheers

CJ
Thanks given by:
^^^ Not appropriate people.

Turbo dynamics are very good but if theres anywhere local to you it might be easiest/best and save on postage.

Why dont you see if you can get them to fit 360* bearings (if they arent already)
Thanks given by:
Well iirc turbo technics are in nortampton....
Thanks given by:
Now Now guys lol Thanks for replys, will have a shop about me thinks,

ive never rebuilt a turbo tbh but doesnt seem that hard, but ive found a good guide for doing this hybrid version

I WILL be posting pics and a thraqd of this being built also when i get round to it Smile
Thanks given by:
Thread cleaned.

No need guys, lets leave that line of trolling alone for the timebeing
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
TD04s are 360 as standard as I remember...

I think you can get uprated oil seals for them though...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah i believe they are too Ruan, this kit comes with everything i need then jist a case of getting it balanced and then BOOOOSSSTTTT Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2012, 12:59 PM)Ruan Wrote: TD04s are 360 as standard as I remember...

I think you can get uprated oil seals for them though...

I saw that as td04's come on 306s as standard now? Rofl
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LOL You may be correct Dave im hoping nearly everyone on forum will be running a big blower by the end of this year at least, Smile as il be selling my current TD04 when i get round to building the hybrid Smile
Thanks given by:
Common as muck! Itwasntme

Someone needs to experiment with some more with lorry turbo's ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
the TD04 maybe common but i dont know of anyone genuinly running a hybrid version. and looking at the 19t it would be awesome Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 07:12 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: LOL You may be correct Dave im hoping nearly everyone on forum will be running a big blower by the end of this year at least, Smile as il be selling my current TD04 when i get round to building the hybrid Smile

Dibz!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hybrid turbo gt20 Chris_90 14 3,742 15-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  T2 hybrid Frosty 6 2,436 08-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Frosty