G-Force

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G-Force
I was watching the F1 highlights earlier and they put up one of those graphs that show how much G-Force the driver was experiencing and it got me thinking about it and I can't comprehend what their bodies are going through.

In day to day life, how much do we experience? I'm assuming it's something pathetic, as in no more than 1G!

Thoughts.....
Thanks given by:
You are experiencing 1g sitting still, think about the best a road car can do is 1.5g
Thanks given by:
Put it this way the G-force experiences in a veyron at 0-60 @ 2.4 seconds is 1.15 g..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
You can get a couple G's on roller coasters :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I realise this is going to sound completely and bloody retarded, but just want to get my head round it haha.

If 1G, is stationary, then 0G, would be weightlessness. So, if you are accelerating really hard and then brake, you experience negative G, is there a point where you experience that weightlessness? Kind of like that feeling, you get at the top of a roller coaster, like you say.
Thanks given by:
You get that on the A6 Shap road mate...
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(09-10-2012, 10:11 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: I realise this is going to sound completely and bloody retarded, but just want to get my head round it haha.

If 1G, is stationary, then 0G, would be weightlessness. So, if you are accelerating really hard and then brake, you experience negative G, is there a point where you experience that weightlessness? Kind of like that feeling, you get at the top of a roller coaster, like you say.
No, when you brake you experience 1.XXG of deceleration (unless you hit a bump and the car starts to float)

Experiencing less than 1g would when you do a hump back bridge at about 30mph and you get that weightless moment where your neither going up or going down and your briefly weightless, well lighter anyway.

you can also experience some good positive G on roads with a big dip. an example of this is the A27 as you come from southampton on the M27 and it becomes the A27, it goes up hill, round to the right then in a massive dip thats gotta be 40-50 meters deep, you go down steeply for about a quater mile and then up for a quater.

If you hit it at 90mph+ as you go from going down to going up you feel the car pushed into the floor and will find it harder to breathe in (especially at silly speed)
Thanks given by:
you watch the rockingham btcc race? the civic hit the wall backwards at 130+ he said the on board hit 4 G :O
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
isnt this a shit film about hamsters?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Force racing Daniel306 7 1,607 18-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam