ET16 offset OK?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ET16 offset OK?
I plan to fit a set of Peugeot 17" Challenger (Vortex/Atlantis) wheels. It is a set with the centre caps which came from a 307 originally.

I understand that they will be 6.5" wide and have an ET31 offset. But the standard 306 offset is ET18. So spacers will be required. I am not aware of any 4x108 PCD spacers in a 13mm depth. So the only option is 15mm hubcentric spacers.

On the basis that the standard 306 offset is ET18, will running 17x6.5"s wheels on an ET16 fitment be likely to cause any issues? Or will it be OK?
Thanks given by:
Should be ok. Might touch the rear arches. When lowered.

I have et0. And had to flare the rears on 16's
Thanks given by:
Et15 to et18 are fine for a 306 Smile as said they may scrub slightly though. I believe cg cars in Leicester do 13mm spacers
Thanks given by:
ET16 will be fine on 195 width tyres, if you put on wider tyres you may need a little arch work.
Thanks given by:
Well put it this way i have a 7mm spacer on the rear of my gti with no issues and that then makes them a ET11 so you should have no issue.

IIRC alot of people using challengers use 15mm's any way

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the confirmation, everyone. If we're talking about an offset difference of 2mm then I suppose it would be surprising if there was anything noticeable. At ET18 I have experienced no problems with my current 55m rear drop on 17"s.

I will phone CG Cars in Leiecester to see if they can offer 4 x 13mm spacers at around £50. If they don't do 13mm, or want £100 for them, then I will just use 15mm hubcentrics from eBay.

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Youd be lucky to find a set of peugeot spacers for less than £60 a PAIR

Be carfule when ordering cheap ones as they tend to be for after market wheels and have a spigot of 70mm instead of the 65mm requiered for OE peugeot wheels. Double check spigot sizes before buying!

Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 11:27 AM)puglove Wrote: Youd be lucky to find a set of peugeot spacers for less than £60 a PAIR

Be carfule when ordering cheap ones as they tend to be for after market wheels and have a spigot of 70mm instead of the 65mm requiered for OE peugeot wheels. Double check spigot sizes before buying!

Brilliant advice - thank you! Smile
Thanks given by:
Advice from experence there lol Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I decided to not compromise - and went for proper 206 Challengers today (ET28).

I couldn't find 13mm spacers and didn't want to be run ET16 with the 307 Challengers because the car is so low on coilovers that arch clearance needs to be optimum.

So I now need 10mm spacers to get me down to ET18.

I've seen these, these, and these. I personally prefer the second pair x 2 - but which would you go for?
Thanks given by:
Second set.

I have used these and they are fine. Actually if you want to save yourself a fiver I have a set of 10mm brand new in the garage. Don't think I will go lower than my ET0 again due to my brakes.
Thanks given by:
The last set are non hubsentric and they are a night mare.

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the confirmation everyone - second set it is Smile
Thanks given by:
One more question please - what size bolts will I need?
Thanks given by:
Generally speaking, same as standard bolts +10mm for the spacers. So get your tape measure out!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
OE is 37mm so you would be looking for somthing like 47mm or 52mm thread length i.e

These are all the correct FLAT SEATED bolts you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OE-WHEELS-PEUG...4601e31ed9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OE-WHEELS-PEUG...45fea40520

Thanks given by:
Fantastic - thank you! Smile
Thanks given by:
Just may want to check that challengers take a flat seated . I am 99% they do but check any way. Just look at the bolt hole on the wheel to see if the hole is tappered or flat.

Thanks given by:
I cannot check the Challengers, as I haven't collected them yet. But a google search indicates that they are do indeed require flat seated bolts. Thanks for the heads-up. Smile

I have just measured the bolts that I was using previously for my other set of 17"s, and I am relieved to say that they are all 45mm. The McGard locking wheel nuts are too! Phew! Smile

Edit: While my previous bolts were 45mm, they were not flat seated.
Thanks given by:
New spacers and bolts arrived this morning. Do they appear to be OK to fit straight onto the car this weekend?

[Image: IMAG0595-2.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0596-2.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0597-2.jpg]

What do you think?
Thanks given by:
So can you fit vortex alloys without spacers at all?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 09:29 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: So can you fit vortex alloys without spacers at all?
Please read posts #1 and #10 Smile
Thanks given by:
I've read and I already know you should run with spacers just the guy I got the wheels from reckoned he ran them straight fit without scrubbing
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 09:47 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: I've read and I already know you should run with spacers just the guy I got the wheels from reckoned he ran them straight fit without scrubbing

Yes, with standard shocks and springs... he probably did.

The simple principle is that the lower you go, the more you need your offset closer to ET18.
Thanks given by:
ah thought so, cheers bud, will have to invest in spacers and wheel bolts too then Sad
Thanks given by:
Joe . Nimrods are the same ET ( i think) and they rub the rear trailing arms without spacers

Also looks shit because they are sat so far in the arch

Also all looks right pipps. Whats your external spigot?

Thanks given by:
yeah fair point, no point fitting nice wheels if they're tucked right into the archs!

I've got a set of 20mm, may need a bit of arch persuading, and will have to fork out for another set once they've got some paint
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 07:57 AM)puglove Wrote: Also all looks right pipps. Whats your external spigot?
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean, when you say external spigot?

The wheels are OEM Peugeot 206 Vortex/Challengers. The spacers are 65.1mm bore.
Thanks given by:
Thats what i was talking about the external "bore"/spigot. But if they are 65.1 they will be correct

Thanks given by:
Just make sure internal is te same, don't want any issues now lol.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sorry....another offset question Pugwash 4 1,602 03-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Pugwash
  Wheels offset arooscroocked 1 1,341 24-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  borbet offset tysonbully2k12 1 1,025 26-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Toms306