discs - unsure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
discs - unsure
Do i go with drilled/grooved or plain standard

Ive heard that drilled/grooved discs wear pads down quicker?

whats your thoughts?

cheers

ben
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just go for standard/uprated standard discs IMO. Yeah I'd imagine they would wear them quicker...
Thanks given by:
i used to run stock but the only reason I run drilled and grooved discs all round is because i got them all for £50!
Thanks given by:
yea i had stock then when i bought new discs a garage offered to groove and dimple them all for £20,its only a £20 difference in choice,the rears will probs be needed soon so it wont look too "odd" then have 2 normal and 2 drilled lol
Thanks given by:
Drilled and grooved discs on my D turbo were amazing compared to standard ones
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
if your going for after market i would go for just grooved as its known for drilled to crack under harsh breaking...
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Not under harsh breaking, after repeated heat cycles. And they'll probably only fail if they are either a: shit, or b: used on track and get hot and cold a lot under some serious abuse.

On a road car, you're not gunna notice the difference in fade against standard discs. Imo anyway.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Cheers ain't got time to await delivery of discs next Tuesday so buying standard ones today just got to take my brake pad out firstly so I know what ones to buy,silly pug making 3 versions!
Thanks given by: