Oh SHIT.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh SHIT.
Trouble with Stevenage is that it's 25 minutes from London, smack bang on the A1M and is meant to be quite 'nice' (although I have yet to find that part of it)

Had a look at a gaff up the road last night, it's lovely but something Dum Dum said has made me wary of it. Whilst sat there waiting for the agent to turn up there was quite a lot of pedestrian traffic wandering through the estate right past the apartment. Being on the ground floor I am now curious as to what security there was, I noticed the front door had both a Yale and deadlock on it! But what about the windows? Particularly if you want a window open at night...

Second-up we went to have a look at (but didn't have an appointment to look around) and upon arriving noticed it was adjacent to a f*ck off pylon! Nat still wants to have a look because the floor-plan suggests the place is huge (looks it too from photo's) but the pylon does put me right off.

Trying to get tomorrow off work to get a look around places. Most lettings take 2-4 weeks to set up, so whilst it's all well and good saying we have 2 months realistically we have 1 month to find somewhere suitable as it may not be immediately available.

Thanks again for the kind words!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a shit situation Chris, hope you get something sorted soon!

I dont really think you're in a position to be too picky though, why wouldnt you live near a pylon? I know a couple of people that live near them, they buzz a bit in damp weather but makes no difference if you're inside, cant see any other problems with them personally.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 09:08 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like a shit situation Chris, hope you get something sorted soon!

I dont really think you're in a position to be too picky though, why wouldnt you live near a pylon? I know a couple of people that live near them, they buzz a bit in damp weather but makes no difference if you're inside, cant see any other problems with them personally.

Pahaha! So Tom, are you the pot? Or the kettle?

And Chris, you'll be fine. Just think things through carefully and logically. Even if you have to take somewhere that's not ideal (I.E. With pylon/not ground floor etc) on a short tenancy it would be enough time to find somewhere more suitable.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2012, 09:27 AM)burnmw Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 09:08 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like a shit situation Chris, hope you get something sorted soon!

Pahaha! So Tom, are you the pot? Or the kettle?

Well as long as I'm not the black.... Confused

/SRowell

Tongue
Thanks given by:
ohhhh you went there! D:

Yeh its a bit of a shit situation mate D: ermmm yeh good luck!
Thanks given by: