Orite :-)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orite :-)
Hi All,

Im Ben from the North West, Near southport... Smile Im a VW nut really, I drive this little polo parked behind my mates Pug:

[Image: IMG-20120523-00428-1.jpg]
Im here by chance really, with pure hatrid... for Mike. After seeing his lowered (alot) and after seeing and hearing a fair bit about the XUD's and the likes i want one... haha. Well, not a 306 as such but a ZX volcane!

Ive a few questions im still trying to find the answers for however if someone knows the answer, mainly if anyone knows if the phase 1/2/3 pug front chassis setup is the same as a ZX chassis? I undershand most running gear is, however, im stuck with the chassis, more specifically if the front end (wings/bonnet/front bumper/lights e.t.c) will fit!
Hopefully i'll have a build thread up soon Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Wheyyyy, Welcome dude!! knew you would make an account at some point Tongue
And wow :o car looks abit different since then haha!!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along; loving that retro look there, good work! Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
welcome bud, any questions just ask im sure someone knows the answers what ever it is Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Welcome,

You want to put a 306 front end on a ZX?
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the walm welcome lads :-)

(02-10-2012, 01:06 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Welcome,

You want to put a 306 front end on a ZX?

Ideally yes.... I am capable if abit of work is required BUT im not sure just how easy it is. Im not even sure where to look to start to consider it?
Ive been more thinking aloud with it, phase 1 fronts i LOVE you see.... Blush
Thanks given by:
Well I can't for the life of me think why you'd want to do that, but I'm sure they're very similar if not identical so shouldn't be too much difficulty

Not sure how the wings / bumper will line up with the doors though.

Give it a go, will be confusing for everyone that drives past thats for sure Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2012, 01:22 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Well I can't for the life of me think why you'd want to do that, but I'm sure they're very similar if not identical so shouldn't be too much difficulty

Not sure how the wings / bumper will line up with the doors though.

Give it a go, will be confusing for everyone that drives past thats for sure Wink

hahah! well, im not really a huge lover of the ZX fronts, personally ofcourse. But i LOVE phase 1 fronts, rather than go at it balls deep on a daily i'd like to know if anyone has ever tried it or knows of a reason why it cant be achieved. Undecided
Thanks given by:
go for gold mate! love seeing something thats not usually done or copied Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2012, 01:24 PM)PUGMON Wrote: i'd like to know if anyone has ever tried it or knows of a reason why it cant be achieved. Undecided
Pritty sure we are going to try haha Tongue
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2012, 01:50 PM)Mike Wrote:
(02-10-2012, 01:24 PM)PUGMON Wrote: i'd like to know if anyone has ever tried it or knows of a reason why it cant be achieved. Undecided
Pritty sure we are going to try haha Tongue

Better go get some more grinding disks and welding wire ay... haha. Love to see it done! even if the arches from the side may look abit odd! Inlove

RIGHT! anyone got a cheap front end damaged ZX volcane going cheap haha.
Thanks given by:
you missed out there was one being sold front end smash in cars section not long ago
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2012, 02:20 PM)the milkman Wrote: you missed out there was one being sold front end smash in cars section not long ago

HAHA! usually the case ay mate! I'll get a few more bits sold from the mini/metro and polo spares and i'll get on the ZX jobby! Itwasntme

Thanks again for the welcome everyone Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.

Im pretty sure you would be able to graft a ph1 front end on a zx fairly easy, you maybe able to even keep the zx wings and just do 306

slam panle
bonnet
bumper
lights
grille

i do hope you do this , would love to see it,

off to find you a pic of now Big Grin

Remember this? the pimp my ride citreon zx? well i no for fact they are 306 angle head lights. well i read some where many moons ago that it was Dimma 306 wings and a STD moded 306 bonnet, so i cant see why not

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard, Polo looks rad Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow! Puglove, that's sold it! I need to do this, on with finding myself a ZX now in the north west! Super cheap as I haven't sold any bits yet haha.... Have some merc wheels I'd fit here too, this is sounding a plan! Pcd adapters and phase 1 front...

The citroen 306 a class shall liveeee! Lads, you have ruined my mind haha.

Thanks again for the welcome. Appreciated :-D
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2012, 08:02 PM)PUGMON Wrote: The citroen 306 a class shall liveeee! Lads, you have ruined my mind haha.

Let the searching begin Tongue
Thanks given by:
Glad i could be of service Big Grin

Now get on it, i want to see the result

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
This is gonna be epic. Cant wait to see it done.
Get on it!!!!! SmileSmileSmile

Welcome btw
Thanks given by:
Hahaha this should be different, fair play!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
HAHA, Cheers Will/Poodle. Im on the hunt, a half arsed, not quite sure look just yet as im still trying to flog some stuff haha.

Anyone need any stuff for a classic mini haha! ( i dont know what i was thinking wasting money on one of them when i knew i wanted dervv and a boosted polo.....)
Thanks given by:
In at the deep end or what?

Give it a go fella, we'll all be watching.

Welcome along.
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Parts you got mate for the mini?
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 09:43 AM)the milkman Wrote: Parts you got mate for the mini?

Preety much 2 of everything haha.

This is it:

[Image: IMG-20111002-00089.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20110529-00007.jpg]

Loads more pics.... As much as i love it, i havent got time to finish it, its a Mini Jiffy....
Thanks given by:
What exhausts on it? Full system I mean
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 10:46 AM)the milkman Wrote: What exhausts on it? Full system I mean

Ermmm, its a custom setup mate, its not 100% mini so stuff like exhaust is custom. Its a LCB manifold with a twin DTM back box used as a mid box, both pipes cut off and 1 pipe exiting either side of the back wheels :-)
Thanks given by:
Pm pics
Thanks given by:
what block is it, also do you know the gearbox number?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 06:35 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: what block is it, also do you know the gearbox number?

I have 3 or 4 gearboxes lol, a coupel of 1.3 items and a couple of 1.0 items. All bar 1 are rod change and that 1 is a magic wand 1.3 type.

1 rod change 1275 is on a 12h metro lump (non MG) was intended to be dropped into my metro, rather sell as a whole unit.
1 rod change 998 is on a 99h mini lump (still in the Jiffy (mini based car above) also rather sell as a whole unit
1 rod change gearbox came from a 998 many moons ago
1 magic wand box, came from 1275 early pre webbing block.

Milkman, what would you like pictures of, the exhaust? The only pictures i have are:

[Image: IMG-20111002-00098.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20111002-00094.jpg]
The exhaust has never progressed past that point..... :-)
Thanks given by: