what a nightmare! :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what a nightmare! :(
not a very good few days with my car... short story of my misfourtune...

yesterday

went to fit my new hub and springs, so i jack the car up and removed the wheel... get my 23mm out todo hub nut...

its a 25mm grrrr

ok i thought, i will loosen some bolts off...

ratchet breaks! Censored

okay okay i thought, i will go and borrow a 25mm and a ratchet and do it another day...

today
finish work, get ready to get stuck in...

got the hub nut undone, i thought ''gonna get this done no problem now!''

then go to undo the ball joint bolt... yep looks like its going my way Angel

got to undo the roll bar link rod, got right to the end and and it wouldnt undo anymore, and the lower roll bar bolt snapped Censored okay okay i will just buy a new rod... i will move onto the trackrod...

started undoing the trackrod... got half way and all the lot strarted to spin Nospeak

i sort of gave up for a while tried to calm down... so started to remove the abs sensor, done these in the past and they never seem to come out, they just snap. and yes it snapped.... grrrr

so the hacksaw had to come out, and i cut the track rod off. so now got to go to the motor factors and buy a pair of rods and links.

and thats only one side! hopefully its just the fact its the passanger side due to it beeing close to the gutters in the road all its life.

proper made me mad.... but hey ho thats french i suppose.

dan
Thanks given by:
if you put a jack under the trackrod it stops it from spinning
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2012, 08:39 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: if you put a jack under the trackrod it stops it from spinning

It helps abit. But don't always work, worth a o though
Thanks given by:
I've never had one fail to undo when ive had the jack on it
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
i think you mean 35mm . . . . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just burn it lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Best way to remove a ABS sensor is use a socket on the inside and tap it tho. Removes loads this way perfectly fine. Drop links just cut the feckers as they never undo, I had ones 1 month old rusted and spinning.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2012, 09:24 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I've never had one fail to undo when ive had the jack on it

I have, on my Rallye - it happens.

As good practise you should always try to give yourself a fighting chance by a) wire brushing the surface rust off any exposed thread before cracking and b) applying copious quantities of penetrating fluid.

The tip above for ABS sensor removal is the method I also employ, it works very well. Smile

Droplinks never come off, as above. I wrestle the boot open and clamp the ball with mole grips and take them off that way.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
i did try a bar and a jack under the track rod, just kept spinning was proper shagged.

been and brought a pair of track rods and link rods, manged to get the passanger side done. hopefully the drivers side wont be as much of a struggle, touch wood.

as for the abs sensor, there was one stuck in the hub but someone cut the wiring, so i just cut mine and twsited the wires together and cable tied it out the way. its done the job for now lol.
Thanks given by:
you should never think a job is going to go smoothly when it comes to mechanics! lol
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
The droplinks you can put an allen key in are best to get off, stops it spinning while you undo it with a spanner.
Thanks given by:
Leave those drop links on more than a few months and the Allen key turns to shit anyway . Mole grips ftw.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
pop the ball joint off the drop links and then get some mole grips on there!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Siezed Coilover Nightmare... mspdan 1 938 03-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
Smile spring change nightmare woody 8 1,968 19-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane