Rad Fans stuck on :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rad Fans stuck on :(
Every time i switch the ignition on the rad fans come on... This is after a done a coolant flush and bled the system. Worked fine before (why cant i just leave stuff alone).. Darren suggested unplugging and plugging in the sensor a few times and i tried that and it still just comes on and off with the ignition.. What the f*ck have i done lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hi Tom,

Ginge had to re-wire the plug as it corroded. It was never soldered; only a temp fix. Check that.
You may need to re-solder it.
Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd also check the fan loom, to the right hand side of the radiator on the fan cowling, where the body loom meets the fan loom. My fans ran themselves when this was corroded.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
hey mate; yeh, as Eli says; i had to get a new plug from the scrappy and re wired it in, only connected with spade connectors as i had no soldering equipment. Have a check to see if it's come un done/tape come off etc... If not, follow the cable and sensors to make sure they're all intact etc.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Tommorrow.
Step 1: Check connections
Step 2: Get shitty
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
mine dont work at all so be glad yours do! D:
Thanks given by:
Alternatively mate; just wire in a manual switch for the fans rather than sourcing the problem all together!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
^ That's what I've done to my slimline fan, all you need is some wire, switch and a relay.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
yeh i might just go for two slimlines just to get them working again D: and of course save weight!
Thanks given by:
The fans are constantly on and off so i really want to get them working magically again :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So it seems only one fan is on constantly (with ignition) and the other kicks in after i've been sitting for a while :/ But earlier i got out the car and one of them stayed on for a few seconds after i had took the key out! WTF
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As per my post. Mine ran itself all night doing this.

Has the potential to cause fires so you might want to check sooner rather than later whether this is your cause.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I've just unplugged them for now, hasnt been any decent wether for me to take it apart and have a look so im just keeping my eye on the temperature gauge.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fans...HDi fans... HDi slimline fans... wiring.. toseland 3 1,815 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: cully