Rear axle: on the wonk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axle: on the wonk
Haven't noticed any impact on the handling at all but the rear axle is creaking badly and it's clear that the car is 'wonky'

[Image: 0BED2532-366F-42CF-BDBD-F465C16EF6DA-124...7B47FA.jpg]

I have taken what appears to be the worst picture to illustrate this problem, but basically the car leans to the drivers side all the time.

With the symptoms I have described, what is the most likely problem? Buggered shock on the drivers side? Or something worse? The car doesn't seem to have any adverse camber at the rear, hopefully indicating a healthy beam.

If it is the shocks, I'm confident I can replace the myself. But what with? (aftermarket/upgrade?)

Thanks in advance
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
i had this on a old hdi beam the bar in side snaped so was super soft on one side and sat a good 30mm lower to that side but no camber was peresent. ended up putting a new axle on it.
Thanks given by:
Oh cock Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
How much you weigh :p only kiddin ive had same problem but was shocker had gone completely
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping that it's just a shocker tbh, refurb'd beam sounds expensive and more labour-intensive lol!

Is there an easy way of telling a buggered shock when the car is up in the air?
Thanks given by:
You'd hear a shock that had failed enough to hold a car down against the spring.
Thanks given by:
cant see much of a lean there myself. Guess its more obvious in real life D: Just make sure you dont turn left and itll be fine!
Thanks given by:
If it is a shock there easy to replace, 18mm spanner and socket for the top fixing and a 21mm IIRC for the bottom. You need to undo the 13mm bolts each side that hold the handbrake cable bracket to remove the bolts on the bottom. Jacking the trailing arm up 5mm or so helps with getting this bolt out too.

As for replacement shocks......these are excellent....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-306-309-Gaz-adjustable-rear-shocks-/200819086927?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec1c0164f
Thanks given by:
Bounce that corner of the car and see what happens. Should go down, come up then settle again. If it his keeps bouncing, or goes down easily, it's a fooked shock
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear stub axle sizes weka 2 2,102 26-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: weka
  rear axle joe67 4 2,674 25-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
  rear axle beam tube quality dsm482 10 3,969 22-12-2017, 02:01 AM
Last Post: dsm482