Help buying domain and hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help buying domain and hosting
Heyy, hoping some of the internet wizards will be able to help,

Looking at buying a .co.uk domain and some hosting (I heard that if you're going to buy one for the price of it you might as well get both as a package?)

There's about a bajillion companies offering this service and I have no idea who is reliable/cheap.

GoDaddy and 123 Reg seem popular?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Don't go with GoDaddy. 123-reg are okay, but I'm not overly keen on the Control Panel system.

I usually buy my domains from ovh.co.uk...if you want hosting then PM me with what you need and we could sort something out on our current server, there's plenty of extra processing power and bandwidth Smile
Thanks given by:
have heard squarespace is a good one
Thanks given by:
iPage.com are good, reliable and fairly cheap.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
ive got 123reg myself. its pretty easy to set up and sort out Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2012, 09:41 AM)SRowell Wrote: ive got 123reg myself. its pretty easy to set up and sort out Smile

Four replies and four different suggestions Rofl

Thanks Scott I might be in touch!
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
lol

123reg is fairly easy to set up, but I just don't really like the look and feel of their control panel. Not a terrible service by any means though, and their email isn't too bad either Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2012, 09:32 PM)Scott Wrote: lol

123reg is fairly easy to set up, but I just don't really like the look and feel of their control panel. Not a terrible service by any means though, and their email isn't too bad either Smile

yeh its easy but it is stupid to use... there are too many options and shizz! All i want is you to host my files and give me the FTP login and then route a domain to my file location!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Know a hosting Site for Videos Ed Doe 22 4,167 10-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Scott