how to adjust the wastegate....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to adjust the wastegate....
Tomorrow me and Karl are going to try and up the boost on my hdi. Firstly, I think its the gt15 but it may be the k03. Just wondering if anyone's got any pics which clearly shows what to adjust on each of them, so were totally sure were no ballsing it up.

On The gt15 it looks like there's two bolts on the waste gate arm? Just behind where the 90 bend goes on for the front mount? Hopefully that makes sense to someone!! And any info on how to adjust the k03 just by chance it is is appreciated..

I have used the search function and checked the guides, especially the one where poodle strips down a gt15 but I'd like to be sure...

Thanks in advance

Arron

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
If you're getting that involved, prob easier to fit a manual boost controller?

That way you can adjust the bosot from the comfort of the engine bay instead of going back under the car all the time.

Otherwise just take the arm off the waste gate, loosen the lock nut, and screw in the end to shorten the wastegate arm.
Thanks given by:
Does that technique relate to both them turbos, I'm sure ones slightly different.

I'd fit a mbc but in reality I ain't going to be turning it down.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
You might want to, both turbos have a well-earned rep for popping on these with much over 20psi. Or you could get a bigger turbo for when it does... Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
can i ask how do you fit a MBC and how easy is that??

Thanks given by:
About as easy or difficult as adjusting the waste-gate arm, difference being you've only got to do to do it the once. Fit it by putting one line on the wastegate and the other to the boost take-off.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'd rather do it this way. Mbc is nice to have but i can imagine never adjusting it after setting 21psi

Cheers for the advice I'll let you know how we get on

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Discovered its the 15
... from underneath it looks Mega awkward... up past a big pipe and the oil line... plus side it has a braided oil line.... anyone got any tips??

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yea pay someone else to do it.
Complete PITA.

A pit and a big crow bar help too.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would it not be easyer to fit a mbc or is that bit hard to get to as well??

Thanks given by:
(29-09-2012, 05:44 AM)Poodle Wrote: About as easy or difficult as adjusting the waste-gate arm, difference being you've only got to do to do it the once...

Erm.... ^^^
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
wastegate is done now. could'nt really move under the car just by using a jack so went to a garage got it on the ramps and they did it
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Hows the clutch holding up now??

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wastegate actuator DeeTurbo 1 1,174 17-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Manual boost controller or adjust the wastegate arm? Jtrigga 13 1,932 10-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Jtrigga
  adjusting the wastegate tuttyboy84 11 2,611 13-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll