Number 10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number 10
Well, seeing as the avensis has done £60 of fuel in 10 days I needed a diesel again..........

[Image: Estate022_zps53106860.jpg]

And I cant hide the fact that despite how crap they are on paper.....I do still live for the 306! Confused Big Grin So here we go again........borrowed off Rowell for a few months.

[Image: Estate023_zps79b55d16.jpg]

[Image: Estate024_zps4c5d377b.jpg]

You wont believe the lengths Ive had to go to, to be back in a 306, even had to drive to Hollesley (an hour from mine) this morning to get a duplicate MOT done seeing as Sam lost the original lol. Rolleyes But anyway, 306 FTW!!

Forgot how direct the steering is, and how well they handle, even on the swallows lol, and the comfortableness of it too. Not a fan of its lack of power/boost though! Sad Its ok low speed, but not really any pull higher up, cant even feel the boost tbh, but then it is only 90bhp unless its been staged 1'd. The main problem atm is the brakes, they're shocking! Im obviously used to big brakes on cars designed for more powerful engines, but I dont remember the 1.8 (same setup) being this bad.....then again, after 30ish miles of driving, I dont think this caliper has been giving much effort! Undecided

[Image: Estate025_zps1d1b2955.jpg]

So yeah, into double figures and back in a 306 for now. Not doing anything major to it as I'm just borrowing it, but will get a project thread on the go as theres a few bits need sorting! Smile

Tom
Thanks given by:
I bet you have your own advisor at DVLA to print your logbooks for you dont you!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Please tom. Shut the f*ck up for a change. Don't slate the 306 as much as you do then go get one!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, nothing compared to Jordan or Chris lol!! Funny thing is....Sam want's this back at Xmas....so I'll be on 11 before next year haha.

(24-09-2012, 05:07 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Please tom. Shut the f*ck up for a change. Don't slate the 306 as much as you do then go get one!

lol

Pffffft, been trying to persuade myself they're shit..........but it still hasn't worked. Sad
Thanks given by:
Well stop whining then! You think they're shit... well done. Now go join the ranks of all the saxo/JDM/haters that are gunna hate
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2012, 05:11 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Well stop whining then! You think they're shit... well done. Now go join the ranks of all the saxo/JDM/haters that are gunna hate

Problem is I still dont. It has bugger all power, bugger all brakes, terrible audio atm, awful colour, can feel engine through clutch/gearstick etc etc..................yet I still prefer it to the toyota! Confused
Thanks given by:
Phil - not really any need to be rude. You may not be happy with reading Tom's posts about 306s, but you aren't being forced to read them. You can add him to your 'ignore' list in the User Control Panel if you're that fussed.

Now let's keep this on topic
Thanks given by:
Meh I just get annoyed by him whining about them day in and day out. I just don't understand it
Thanks given by:
yaaay tomass in a 306 Big Grin

now, can i offer you a volvo for number 11? gets REEEEEEALLLLLY good mpgs...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2012, 05:07 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Please tom. Shut the f*ck up for a change. Don't slate the 306 as much as you do then go get one!

Chill out. We all know toms opinions on cars but your not going to change it by slating him. its his opinion in the end so leave him to it!

Edit: should of refreshed the page, beaten to it by ginger ninja!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So you've said now 3 times Phil. If you haven't got anything nice to say, kindly don't bother.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Haha love seing a solitary Troll getting gang Trolled Rofl

I know how you feel Tom, my cars possibly the most unpractical daily driver but I still love it.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Phils just jealous he can't drive his 306. Wink

And lol samass, I've read about your Volvo mpgs.
Thanks given by:
yep, they are epic! i could like, drive round a roundabout on a tank!

Thanks given by:
(24-09-2012, 06:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Phils just jealous he can't drive his 306. Wink

I can drive it?
Thanks given by:
Really? How would you get the Volvo on a tank? lol

Back to the topic though......need opinions.....the car has been off the road for several months, was gonna MOT it before putting it back on the road but noticed its still MOTd till Nov. However, I'm intending to do a few long drives over the next couple of weeks so what should I be checking? Have checked levels, and bulbs, know it needs wipers all round and will use my cyclones so wheels/tyres should be good and obv I'll try sorting the brakes.......but is there anything else I should check?

(24-09-2012, 06:12 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:
(24-09-2012, 06:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Phils just jealous he can't drive his 306. Wink

I can drive it?

Last I heard it was off the road.....
Thanks given by:
witha BFO crane, obv...

umm... general fluids, tyre conditions, bearings, shit like that. should be alright, the long drives will be good for itf

Thanks given by:
if your clones have been sitting for a while, check there not cracked and perished (shouldnt be if there in dry dark storage). Give it a good ragging and have a quick look underneath to check for rust. whilst your changing the wheels, lift the shock boots to see if you can see any oil seeping
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There's rust everywhere, its a Pug that's been sat for months lol.....I'm hoping its just surface though!

The clones have been sat since June last year in the shed but I'll check them anyway.

Will rag it when I have some fuel, it was well into the red at sams so I stuck a fiver in from a can (like 3 litres lol) but it was in the red about 10 miles from home so didn't push it on my road lol. Hope it gets back into town without running out lol! Confused
Thanks given by:
Changed my mind tom :-)
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2012, 07:07 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Changed my mind tom :-)

Ah how did I miss that!? In that case, stop winging and get out driving it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I have to ration myself now due to the price of fuelling it Undecided its had 10k in the past 3 months...
Thanks given by:
You need to update your signature now.

The thing about 306s (for me) is that my XS was my first 'proper' car and whilst it's not brilliant at anything really; it does everything you need from a road car. They're also nowhere near as dull as the alternatives and they still look fresh today (in 3dr, obv!)
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Oh I know what that's like. Have done over 100 miles today and could easy do it everyday, just can't afford the fuel!

(24-09-2012, 07:29 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: You need to update your signature now.

The thing about 306s (for me) is that my XS was my first 'proper' car and whilst it's not brilliant at anything really; it does everything you need from a road car. They're also nowhere near as dull as the alternatives and they still look fresh today (in 3dr, obv!)

Yup, will sort the sig when I get a decent pic with clones and without 3 months of dirt lol.

Personally, I think 306s are looking a bit dated now, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, certainly not a car that I'd be embarrased about taking to a cruise/meet......unlike the Toyota or 106 lol!
Thanks given by:
Those brakes look ruined. And if you can't feel the boost something is broken. Probably the turbo. I give it three weeks.

Nah, good shout on getting back in a 306 dude, i'd like to say you won't regret it, but you haven't half picked a shed to do it in. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-09-2012, 04:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: Nah, good shout on getting back in a 306 dude, i'd like to say you won't regret it, but you haven't half picked a shed to do it in. Rolleyes

It was free!! Tongue Well, I paid for the tax....which incidently cost more for 6months than the Golf did for the year, bloody rip off lol! And iirc, Sam paid £300 for the car, £200 for clutch/cable and a few other bits, and I paid £120 for tax. A working HDi estate for £620....

And isnt the fun of a 306 buying a shed and fixing stuff? I've actually been awake all night 'excited' about what I'm gonna do (and anxious about it not making the petrol station or blowing up lol), sad I know, but meh, I live for the 306.

With the brakes, I'll see if they improve today (as they havent covered many miles, about 5k I think), but if not, is there anything I can do without completely stripping them? The nipples are in a right state so theres no way you could bleed them after!
Thanks given by:
tom why not just buy it off sam and keep it? get shot of the toyota.
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2012, 11:38 AM)procta Wrote: tom why not just buy it off sam and keep it? get shot of the toyota.

srowell likes this.
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2012, 11:43 AM)SRowell Wrote:
(25-09-2012, 11:38 AM)procta Wrote: tom why not just buy it off sam and keep it? get shot of the toyota.

srowell likes this.

looks like you two need to have a talk,
Thanks given by:
I too am back in a 306, that 406 is sitting on my drive, once the log book comes I'll be selling.
Thanks given by: