help fitting 106 rallye manifold in 306 xs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help fitting 106 rallye manifold in 306 xs
Greetings people, just a quick brain twister for you,

As per the title im fitting an S1 Rallye manifold to my 306 xs.

its already modified nicely to use the 306 sensors.

My question is, what throttle cable do you guys think i should order??

thanking you.
Thanks given by:
The standard 1.6 one is long enough to fit onto the rallye inlets TB. I tried fitting a rallye inlet to my 1.6 a couple month ago but I couldn't get it running right i.e running rich, hard to start when warm, back firing through filter when cranking it....so went back to standard. But here's a pic of my attempt:

[Image: IMAG0656.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello mate thanks for the reply, glad to finally meet someone whos in my situation. Its strange how this mod seems to be so hit and miss. It looks like you did a really nice job on the fitting so its strange that you had so much trouble getting it running.
if you had anymore picstures id like to see them and talk to you.

Also have you thought about an exhaust manifold?
Thanks given by:
No worries. I did get it running alright-ish at first but the revs were slow to come down after reving (prob have an air leak somewhere but I couldn't find one)

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/gr...EO0021.mp4

Also, I drilled and tapped an adapter for the idle control valve in the back of the inlet as us 306'ers are lucky enough to have a lot of space in the engine bay:
[Image: IMAG0625.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0655.jpg]

But I bet with a good weekend you'd be able to get it running alright to an extent.

And yeah, I've bought an VTR manifold but I'm needing to get it cut and welded to fit the 306 exhaust route: i.e over the subframe, not under like the VTR's run:

[Image: IMAG0570.jpg]

Good luck dude.
Thanks given by:
Thanks again for posting mate. you're a great help. ive got a month until i can drive her on the road so plenty of time to try and fettle. will attempt to fit it next weekend and probably report back!
Thanks given by:
One of the main problems I found was having to play around with the Throttle Position Sensor wiring etc.

If you're using a TPS that comes with the S1 inlet, you might have to cut and swap over the 2 outer wires. This is because the butterfly on the S1 throttle opens the opposite way to our normal 1.6 throttle butterfly.

But if you're use the TPS from the original inlet and you find the cars reving its knackers off, taken the TPS and with your finger turn the dial all the way round. This essentially set the TPS back to '0'. But PM me if you have any other Q's etc.
Thanks given by:
Hello mate thanks for replying. my manifold has already been modified to fit a vtr so should be a case of fitting and seeing! have just ordered some rallye gaskets so should be ready to trial fit on saturday!

thanks again, wish me luck.[/align]
Thanks given by:
Could you link me to where you ordered the rallye gaskets, I couldnt find any when I went to fit mine.
Thanks given by:
i was really struggling too then someone gave me the bright idea to call peugeot, took one day to arrive 2.50 each i think. bargain!!
Thanks given by:
Nice. If you've still got the packaging could you send us the part number, Just so the parts guys know exactly what I'm after.
Thanks given by:
Hello mate sorry for the late reply. foolishly i threw the packaging away for the gaskets before thinking. all i did was quote the registration from an s1 rallye that was for sale on ebay. gaskets arrived in 24 hours and were the correct ones.

Yesterday we made progress with fitting the manifold, its lovely having so much space!! Got a little stuck with some of the pipes but looking at your pictures is helping somewhat.

By covering holes like playing a recorder we managed to get her idling at 1100 rock solid. a couple more hours and im hoping she'll be running sweet as a nut Smile
Thanks given by:
Good effort pal, nice to see someone get it right....Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You jammy git.

When you rev it does it take a split second more to drop back down? And how did you plumb your ICV and other pipes in?
Thanks given by:
I would say im 60% complete. tbh you'd laugh if you saw how we plummed it in. ive no idea what sensor goes where. and im faily certain, after having another look at pictures, that ive got wires in the wrong things.

for example that massive fuel pump thing round the back, that i think is the idle control valve?? isnt even plumbed in. and the wire that connects to it is currently is plugged into the map sensor lol. ive no idea what ive done right or wrong. but no lies when we cover the holes on the manifold and hold on the tps it idles rock solid and revs to the limiter and back perfectly.

Will take time to sort out what goes where but from what i see ive already got further than most do. thanks for your help mate.
Thanks given by:
How the dickens......ha

Get a picture whacked up, I wanna see this beasty set up. I just wish I had another 1.6 to try get the thing plumbed in and not have to worry about messing with the car.
Thanks given by:
ill get a pic up soon, i had my manifold shot blasted and the lines and lion polished so looks quite smart. Will get her running soon enough!
Thanks given by:
You done anymore work on this?
Thanks given by:
not as of yet. have tuesday wednesday off so should make progress. will keep you informed.
Thanks given by:
Final update.

I'll cut a long story short so not to bore you. Fitted the manifold best as possible, but had probelms with the idling, namely, the 306 uses an idol contol valve, the rallye uses something on the intlet (stepper motor?) the 306 has no wire for the stepper motor even if it did it would leave the wire for the icv unused.

Also my manifold came with a map sensor, which i didnt know what wire to plug into it! this only complicated matters.

Managed to get her running ok. although when she warmed things got lumpy and high.

I have now put the standard manifold on and have realised that apart from the depth of the tone, there isnt much in it! and the standard manifold pops and bangs and rasps a lot more than the rallye one!!

Any questions please ask, in my opinion this is a fruitless mod. rallye inlet for sale.....
Thanks given by:
Bugger....one day we SHALL figure this out!!!!!
Thanks given by:
How much for the inlet?
Thanks given by:
ill give you a pm shortly mate.
Thanks given by: