Turbo upgrade

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo upgrade
Basically I'm looking at a turbo upgrade for my hdi just wondering if there is any that are a direct bolt on replacement ?
Thanks given by:
No, there aren't.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
only option would be to have a hybrid made...
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Sad times ok next question. What is the best turbo upgrade and what mods would i need to get done to fit it ?? Bearing in mind I have had no remaps or anything yet ??
Thanks given by:
GT2056 :-) done
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive got a ko3s hybrid to fit to my hdi, but i believe dum-dum payed a fair bit for it!
Thanks given by:
GT2056 what will I need to modify to get this to fit ?? A I'm not that confident welding and cutting I'm more of a bodywork kinda guy just want to know what parts will need cutting and modifying to make other turbos fit ??
Thanks given by:
You'd need adaptors so it'd fit the mani and adapters for the down pipe unless you made a custom mani to go over the gearbox, but you'd need to move the battery to the boot and the mani would be quite expensive
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Argh way to much ball ache then ok well that sorted I think I'll just get a map and leave it at that cheers for the info lads
Thanks given by:
You can still get plenty of power on the standard turbo mate, it's good for up to about 170bhp with a decent mapper
Thanks given by:
I'm not after silly power around 130/40 would be more than enough just trying to get a picture of what parts I'm gunna need to achieve It
Thanks given by:
You could get around 130bhp stage 1, someone the other day even ran 138bhp on a stage 1 tune so if that's all your after it's definitely achievable
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2012, 12:00 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: You could get around 130bhp stage 1, someone the other day even ran 138bhp on a stage 1 tune so if that's all your after it's definitely achievable

Tbf even the mapper was dubious that it was actually 138bhp, dodgy rollers/run is more likely. As you say though, do it right and a stage 1 will see you the right side of 130. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mods I'm thinking are straight through exhaust no mufflers except back box maybe , cut the cat out panel filter, and I'm gunna look into egr as In not sure what it does something to do with boost pressure ???
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 05:27 AM)Jukie88 Wrote: Mods I'm thinking are straight through exhaust no mufflers except back box maybe , cut the cat out panel filter, and I'm gunna look into egr as In not sure what it does something to do with boost pressure ???

lmao

Sorry, but this info is so easy to find.. The EGR valve puts exhaust gases into the intake in order to reduce emissions. It should be removed as it normally gets blocked and fills your intake with soot and tar.

Thanks given by:
It's very easy to find you just told me :-P cool so is it just a pull off and bin hobby or does it require welding etc etc ??
Thanks given by:
you can either blank it and leave it in place or take the whole lot out, then weld up the holes

Thanks given by:
NOONE touch the 2056, that's MY idea!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
For it to be your idea you'd have had to come up with it two years ago, before i thought of it. Tongue Besides, you have an XUD, completely unrelated and therefore still an original idea. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ko3s can be found on a certain van with a 3 bolt flange... basically bolt on

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Any idea what van ??
Thanks given by:
I think you'll all find that the GT2056 was suggested countless time by me and Con...

GT2052S or 2056S on a HDi would be perfect... Wouldn't be that difficult to fit if you spent some time designing some adapters to put things in the right place and making a proper exhaust - it's when people attempt to use the OE downpipe adapter things go up shit creek, it never lines up right and it always rattles on the bottom of the car....

But then you've got to find a mapper that will map it in well....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Chris currently has one for sale Jukie.

Lol Ruan, was being sarky. Can remember you two harping on about 2052/6s/v's for as long as i've been on the various forums. I'm actually looking for something a bit more specialized, keeping shtum though, don't want prices going through the roof. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP bibikola 6 3,518 14-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Direct fit turbo upgrade. (hdi) bashbarnard 21 8,269 17-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: loli_04