Number 9

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number 9
Yep, nearly into double figures, car number 9 lol....

Toyota Avensis 1.8VVTi, 73k, not bad spec, tax till Jan, fresh MOT today, no advisorys, bodywork isn't particularly tidy but I'm not bothered, the avensus never was a show car anyway lol.....big thanks to Sam for taking me to get it.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Its red . .
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks fine Tom but you will hate it after a week of getting 36mpg..

Nothing wrong with it, low miles & will probably do you a years trouble free motoring but still you will 100% moan within 7 days I promise you that!

Afraid I'm not impressed tom, for just shy of a grand I found you much better cars that would have been do'able with some courage & preparation
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:25 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Looks fine Tom but you will hate it after a week of getting 36mpg..

Nothing wrong with it, low miles & will probably do you a years trouble free motoring but still you will 100% moan within 7 days I promise you that!

Can I have my money on 5 days please?
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:30 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(13-09-2012, 06:25 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Looks fine Tom but you will hate it after a week of getting 36mpg..

Can I have my money on 5 days please?

1day for me

Actually he already is even in the first line
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm gunna go with 9 before a thread goes up moaning Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Toyota ay, Give it 9 days till something is broken by Tom Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Guys its not meant to last a while, all part of the plan.... Wink

Plus mpg isn't looking too bad tbh, stuck 20 quid in and the range went from 0 to 150 miles, I'd guess that's around 40-45mpg which isn't all bad.

It's pretty slow at higher speed tbf, nippy enough round town (so nice not to wait for lag!) But obviously doesn't have the 'push you back in the seat' torque on slip roads or motorway that the golf had. Rear visibily is pretty much non existant, but atleast the reversing sensors work well. Tongue. But tbh its not a bad car altogether, paid 900 quid for it....didn't find anything else as new, with as much spec (surprisingly all works too, except the passenger window) and a fresh mot as this. Really don't see much difficulty selling it on for as much if not more. Smile

Jordan, we both know courage isn't my strong point, and preparation time was extremely limited. I am now mobile again, which is the main point of this car, its not my dream car lol, its a case of needs must. Smile
Thanks given by:
Good to hear you got yourself sorted out with a car mate, must be a big relief being able to get about again Smile
Thanks given by:
Can I have a taxi for 11pm outside the vesper gate please mate?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Is it the old 1ZZ 140 engine?

You got lucky with the year, pre-2002 models had a serious piston ring issue which meant oil consumption close to 1 litre / 500 miles.

To be fair, they are bombproof on the later cars. Chain driven, get 40 mpg all day long and they're incredibly smooth engines. 5spd or 6spd box?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:58 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Can I have a taxi for 11pm outside the vesper gate please mate?

haha beaten to it!
In all seriousness there as dull as anything but nice and reliable!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
nice buy there tom, now no raving on about mpg! also sell the turbo and what ever else you can off the golf and weigh the rest in for funds.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:58 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Can I have a taxi for 11pm outside the vesper gate please mate?

A freind of mine actually got pulled by the police in one of these as they thought he was ilegally taxi'ing. As it was 3 in the morning car full of drunk friends and age didnt fit the car.

He now drives a prius......
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Music 
(13-09-2012, 06:49 PM)Scott Wrote: Good to hear you got yourself sorted out with a car mate, must be a big relief being able to get about again Smile

Yeah, Sooooo good to be back on the road again!

The cabbies must be rich your way, they all drive octavias diesels round here haha!

(13-09-2012, 07:08 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Is it the old 1ZZ 140 engine?

You got lucky with the year, pre-2002 models had a serious piston ring issue which meant oil consumption close to 1 litre / 500 miles.

To be fair, they are bombproof on the later cars. Chain driven, get 40 mpg all day long and they're incredibly smooth engines. 5spd or 6spd box?

Erm, no idea on the engine, its only 127bhp as far as I'm aware though.

5 speed box.....means 2k in top gear is only like 45mph! Confused.

(13-09-2012, 07:49 PM)procta Wrote: nice buy there tom, now no raving on about mpg! also sell the turbo and what ever else you can off the golf and weigh the rest in for funds.

Christ Procta, one thing at a time mate! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Damn, already been beaten to the Taxi joke...! Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
toyotas are actually pretty good cars, my dad's got an avensis verso 2.0 vvti auto and all hes had to do on it is servicing, brakes and a starter motor, its an '02 on 65k i think. he gets around 22 mpg around town according to the computer and has to sit in some traffic going to work. we get the odd toyota at work for clutches but apart from servicing and brakes we don't really see them for anything else
Thanks given by:
Yeah, tbh, I know my car luck is really shit, but all the probs I've had have been really common, I've just been unlucky in getting the cars just as they break! But I can't really find any major known probs with these tbh. Even parkers only finds one con and that's 'uninspiring looks' lol.
Thanks given by:
da'fuq is that!

still prefer a 306 than this
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
If you were going for a minicab I'd have suggested a P11 Primera. My dad had one as a hack for years, bought on 48k for £850 and sold on 105k for £600, only mechanical failure it ever had was a snapped driveshaft, everything else was just servicing and replacing a door when it was humped by a hippo. No, really lol
Thanks given by:
Humped by a hippo? Reminded me of the 206 ad lol!
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 08:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Humped by a hippo? Reminded me of the 206 ad lol!

Safari parl lol
Thanks given by:
is it broken yet?
Thanks given by:
It's a Toyota. Even Tom can't kill a Toyota.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 10:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: It's a Toyota. Even Tom can't kill a Toyota.

He'll find a way!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 10:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(13-09-2012, 10:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: It's a Toyota. Even Tom can't kill a Toyota.

He'll find a way!

I will. Wink

Breaking cars is the only thing I'm good at. Tongue

Just filled the boot with car shit to take over to Sams....well I say filled, it's barely half full haha, its massive! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Show us the obligatory engine shot buddy, see if we can't work out what engine it is. Actually I think I'm the only one with the faintest interest!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Forgot to take an engine shot lol, and now off out, but if you're really that interested I'll get one when I get back.....or it's this one from Parkers: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/fa...997/19470/
Thanks given by:
Yea pretty much 99% sure that's a 1ZZ-FE.

Very reliable motors matey. Go alright too just lack that final bit of urge, but happy to rev. Boss has an early Celica which he let me cane the bollocks off of before I decided on mine (helped me decide I needed the one with more powaaaaa!)
Thanks given by:
so...little.....torque....ergggh?!?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: