Best new smartphone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best new smartphone?
Right i've had apples for the last few years and with the new iphone 5 looking like a total fecking rip off i am now wanting something fresh.
So what other options are out there?
Samsung galaxy s3
Nokia lumina 920 (when released)
Htc something?
Any more????

I want something that runs smooth and virtually lag free i dont want it to feel like a downgrade in terms of smoothness

I have no idea about any other phones out there tbh and no clue on other operating systems

Money is no object really and the phone has to be unlocked or can be done easily

So what phone have you got and what phone would you like if you could get it? also i will be wanting to tinker with the phone like i did jailbreaking my iphone so i dont want to be stuck with a phone with loads of restrictions
Cheers
Thanks given by:
HTC One X

/thread
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
what crash bandicoot said
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Whats good about them? Is there any lag?
What sets them apart from the others?
Thanks given by:
best bit of advice i can give ya is go to a phoneshop. have a play with each one and see what takes your fancy. it is going to be your phone after all
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Can. Worms.
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
iPhone 5.

It is a fecking total rip off.

But..

Money is no object really.

Make your mind up!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Massive can of worms opened!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 01:02 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: iPhone 5.

It is a fecking total rip off.

But..

Money is no object really.

Make your mind up!

Its not the money i feel ripped off with its the whole phone it offers hardly anything new to what i have already got

I dont mean to open any worms im just after a new phone and wanting peoples opinions on what they thinks best but if it gets out of hand then feel free to lock it lol
Thanks given by:
don't worry people enjoy "debates" I personally recommend the HTC One X, best phone I have uses it runs so smoothly and is insanely fast
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I had the iphone 4s and just got the s3 and tbh think its much better.
I do fancy the new nokia though lol
Thanks given by:
The HTC One X is an awesome phone. The only thing I dont like about it is the battery. But having said that it'll still last a day if you smash it on the 'net etc. It's the same old thing though, big powerful screen=heavy on the battery.

Apart from that, it's an awesome piece of kit, its properly rapid, never lagged on me Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
vote for htc from me
Thanks given by:
I like my S3, but I can't compare it to any other smartphones except the 4s.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 02:37 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: The HTC One X is an awesome phone. The only thing I dont like about it is the battery. But having said that it'll still last a day if you smash it on the 'net etc. It's the same old thing though, big powerful screen=heavy on the battery.

Apart from that, it's an awesome piece of kit, its properly rapid, never lagged on me Smile

If it lasts a day then thats ok my iphone can run out in half a day if i really rinse it lol

Heard about rooting these is that basically the same as a jailbreak to run homebrew apps etc..
Thanks given by:
S3 with wanamlite custom firmware, far better than the Iphone

Root access is so that you can run applications that need administrator privileges to the phone, you can do allot more than you can with a jailbroken iphone
Thanks given by:
If you can hang on until mid oct-Nov time you will have a wide choice.. Forgot the manufacturers for the time being.. You have to decide on an operating system, Windows Phone, Ios, Android and blackberry.

I used to work at phones4u and they will spend the time there to go through each handset with you.

I say wait until that time because wp8 is out then and maybe even a few jelly bean android 4.1 devices may be out.

Myself I'm waiting until Jan 2013 for the new blackberry 10 os system to come out :-)

People have favorites and will tell you that's the only viable option, what people don't say is the con's with their smartphones..

Not aiming this at anyone on here, just I know what some people are like..

Android os

Pros:
unlimited customisation,
Widest handset choices
Many free apps
Great memory options
Adobe flash support

Cons:
Fragmentation (your handset might not get an update in 12 months, whereas your friend with a similar phone will - manufacturers discretion ),
Depreciation,
Can have security risks.

Windows phone 8
Pros:
Unique ui,
Garanteed software updates for 18 months
Good battery life,
Fastest growing app store,
Full xbox integration

Cons:
Not as many apps as android/ios
Not as much customisation as android
Only basic flash support

BlackBerry 10 os (not out until 01/13)
Pros:
Will have quad core processors at launch,
An app store of 80,000 apps at launch,
Ability to run Android apps,
Unique ui using gestures
Bbm video

Cons:
Company at a an all time low so gets slated a lot,
Fewer handset choices,
Have to wait so long!

MYSELF... I have a Sony Xperia S... Android 4.0 handset with a 12.1 mega pixel camera, 4.3 inch screen with a 342ppi screen (can't remember resolution) it has 32gb memory, a hdmi out port so I can connect it straight to my tv, 1.5ghz dual core processor
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Phone to watch out for will be the HTC One XL, essentially a One X with LTE (4G) and a 1.5 GHz dual core over the quad but actually runs faster than the quad and uses less power...
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 05:00 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Phone to watch out for will be the HTC One XL, essentially a One X with LTE (4G) and a 1.5 GHz dual core over the quad but actually runs faster than the quad and uses less power...

There's also the HTC One X+ coming out lol... Too many phones!!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
TBH i know that microsoft are saying WM8 is going to be completely different and what have you but i have absolutely no faith in microsoft. They seemed to have turned to shit over the past 3 years
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Gosh loads of phones coming out so might just wait untill the new htc with 4g arrives assuming its not ages away lol
Thanks given by:
One X

Nuff said.

IPhones are for gays.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 11:35 PM)Andy Wrote: One X

Nuff said.

IPhones are for gays.

Exactly this.

/thread
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 11:35 PM)Andy Wrote: One X

Nuff said.

Unjailbroken IPhones are for gays.

Edited for accuracy lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
All*

Wrong again.
Thanks given by:
One X or Galaxy S3 not much between them, I've got the One X its a good piece of kit!
Thanks given by:
I've skipped reading most of this.
I've had iPhone since the very first 2g had it imported from America. Smile
But now I've seen the 5 and it's no different to the 4s just new processor and more memory and a extra line of apps.

I'm waiting for the new Samsung galaxy note 2. Everyone says its big but I use my phone all the time for Internet so size is good.
But at the same time I also don't think any phone will be iPhones they're so smooth fast look good easy to use. Easily have the best touch screen keyboard.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Smartphone? Need to decide by 3:30 Josh1994 66 7,492 30-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Best/Cheap Smartphone Bananalad 29 5,241 18-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Bananalad